Recent content by golfer reborn

1. G

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

When I ordered mine I felt I was going for the zx 4 in 6/7 and zx5 above Surprisingly I hit the 5 as far and as a a slow swing low ball hitter I did not get extra height with the 4 I enjoyed the feel more on 5 so ordered only the zx 5 Have had them for some weeks and am enjoying them Ps...
  2. G

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

Have had my zx 5 mk 2 for some weeks Interesting that standard shafts down under in steel n s pro When I went for fit I intended to get zx 4 for 6/7 but ended up with zx5 for better feel and workability and zx 4 did not for me give me significant gains in ball speed or height P s I feel they...
  3. G

2023 Srixon ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII Irons

Only hit few shots but my pga prof said felt flew a little higher and had more carry . He had a hit and felt new clubs had a bit more pop. I still love feel of 545 but probably zx5 overall better
  4. G

Got my zx 5 mk 2 .got 6-pw too replace z 545 . Got x x I o 6 hybrid instead of 5 My club pro did brief session on track man Averaged about 10 m more carry and slightly more height on zx5 From a feel perspective I feel the old 545 were pretty special .new one comparable feels a little hotter...
  5. G

Great video summary of range You can see size of irons soles and features outlined
  6. G

I would call differences slight and when I alternated between them I would not immediately say it was one or other When side by side slightly s thinner top line and sole but not huge Feel biggest difference Loft difference meant for my swing speed height was also comparable 7 iron only swings
  7. G

Had mizuno fit at mizuno was thinking 923 h l would suit but fitter said my old 545 were better for me Interesting also that I felt graphite would help with speed and height . Height improved but distance went down Mizuno shat analyser recommended m s pro 950 as best shaft for me which happens...
  8. G

Interesting I went to drummonds today again my preconceived plan was zx4. In 5-7 zx5 8-p w Coming from old srixon 545 I have slowish swing speed and was looking for extra. Height and carry in lower end . Differences in distance and height were minimal While the zx 4 felt and sounded ok...
  9. G

Could not open video what was site Going for club fit of new clubs on Friday will update all thereafter
  10. G

If you go on srixon.com.au All specs and lots of photos up Clubs not in shops for another week or so According to my dealer
  11. G

Have 545 irons which I replaced with ping I 500 never loved them and 545 back in bag The feel on these are great Looking to zx 4 at bottom end and zx 5 8 iron up Swing speed low but short back swing and quick tempo Interestingly had fit at mizuno and best shaft was no pro which is what I...
  12. G

Help me decide - ZX5 or ZX4?

I had a Sri on 545 replaced by I 500 66 handicap 12 My issue was need height and carry but like to work ball Compared z x 5/4 to mine Z x 4 was highest ball flight longest carry and very straight more forgiving than all but felt feel on 545 was best and more workable Sticking with 545 but...
  13. G

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

As with some of posters I have difficulty with 3 wood off deck . Use a heaven wood which I find much easier to hit with more carry but if I hit my 3 wood we’ll get more run and maybe 10 metres when really hit well. Have a demo halo 3 wood and 3 hybrid but it is the halo hybrid not the halo hy lo...
  14. G

A golfer reborn the fairness of getting a new handicap ?

I thought I would relate my experience of getting a handicap after 14 years out of the game I used to play regularly and got down to a best handicap of 9 but took up cycling and played maybe once a year Rekindled the passion and joined a club in Melbourne Australia. Wanted to get a handicap...
  15. G

Indoor vs outdoor club fitting

About to get fitted for whole new set of clubs .I will be having a fitting indoors . How reliable is fitting compared to real life performance on course. When distance is given indoors is this a realistic representation of how far you hit on course. Are company sponsored demo days of any value...
Back