Recent content by GolferMahn

1. GolferMahn

My Quest for the Perfect Fit with KBS Shafts

First off, thanks again for the THP staff and KBS for the incredible opportunity. I will chronicle my experience here and will try to get as many pictures and details as I can. Also, if you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask along the way, I'll be happy to do so! The KBS rep and I...
  2. GolferMahn

Club Building - Tip Fitment

I picked up some new Project X Shafts for my Taylor Made Irons. The irons are a .355 hosel, but when we measured the tips, some were .358 (probably fine after a sand of the tip to rough it up), but a couple of them were .351 or so, making them a bit loose fitting in the hosel. Do you guys think...
  3. GolferMahn

Fubuki shaft competitor?

So a while back, I hit one of the new VRS drivers in the bays at the PGA Superstore with the Mitsubishi Fubuki Stiff Shaft. I felt like the shaft was a great fit for me. I was able to hit swing speeds of 120mph+, shockingly enough. Problem is, that shaft is a .335 tip, and I need a .350 for my...
  4. GolferMahn

Practice Drills and Swing Thoughts

I'm in the process of reworking my iron game. Its been getting progressively worse over the past few months, and I'm hooking it more than ever. Last week at the range it was as bad as it's ever been, I was shan*** everything or barely getting it off the ground. Odd thing was, for the most part...
  5. GolferMahn

Things That Irritate You On the Course?

So Friday I was playing out in the gorgeous SC weather. The guy in the pro shop said it'd be a bit slow due to some foursomes on the course. The 2 of us were fine with that, because of the wonderful weather, and because it was the first time we'd played the course (and it gives an opportunity on...
  6. GolferMahn

Nike Lunar Control US Open

Since I'm in need of some new golf shoes in a bad way, I wanted to see if you guys could help me find some. I want a pair of the US Open edition Lunar Controls, size 12. I could get some a couple weeks ago, but now I can't seem to find any. Have any ideas where else to look? Stunning pair of...
  7. GolferMahn

New guy from Sunny SC

Hello to the good people of THP! Been looking around a bit, thought I'd make an account. Fell in love with the game beginning of last summer, been addicted ever since. Steadily dropping the handicap, but more importantly enjoying (almost) every minute of the game. Looking forward to the...
Back