Recent content by Golfgirl83

1. G

Do golf balls really make a different to high handicappers?

I found a ProV1. Started to play with it (I know, for some reason that guy I was paired with said I had no business playing with that type of ball) but I seemed to keep the ball in play better. (Hmm, since he moved up a set up tees and we were teeing it from the same spot on most holes, and I...
  2. G

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Putt out Pressure Putt Trainer. Yikes! took out the little plug and now I can't stop trying to get the ball to stop in the small hole. Totally addicting...Hopefully this will help my pitiful putting.
  3. G

The 60 and over Thread

I've wondered if it would make a difference if we could call them "forward" tees, instead of "ladies" tees? Only because sometimes I play with folks who maybe would have a lot more fun playing from there, but don't like the stigma of "ladies" tees? And if they played from more forward tees...
  4. G

The 60 and over Thread

Hmm...interesting. Is this thread for ladies, too? Or, if not, is there one for ladies that I haven't found? Thanks!
  5. G

GPS Golf Watch?

Got a Garmin Approach S40 this year. It's an upgrade in function from my Golf Buddy Voice. The distances seem to be accurate, and it can give distance to hazard and keep score. Not as full featured as the S62, but a lower price point. (And not so much to figure out that I slow anyone down while...
  6. G

The best shot of the round

Pulled the shot horribly left into the pond. But wait--the pond is frozen! The ball rolled--or slid?--all the way across the pond and bounced out/off onto the grass on the other side, leaving it pin high. (Farther than I could have carried it, for sure.) A pitch and a putt for par on a tricky...
  7. G

Contest: PING G410 FW Wood

This year I got my first Ping club (G410 driver) and love it! Now I think for consistency that replacing my very old Cleveland launcher 3W could be a very good thing! Tried a Ping G410 3W and loved how it felt.
Back