Recent content by Golfmasta69

1. G

Scotty Phantom x 5.5 ('22 model)

Curious if there are any fellow tinkerers out there that have messed around with the weights in their putters and what results they had. I did my "own putter fitting" by tinkering with my '22 Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5, by trying different head weights. Took out the two stock 10 gram...
  2. G

Edel Golf – Array Putters

curious if you ended up getting fitted for an Eden putter.. I have their SMS pro irons and love it, so next thought I had was to try the putter... In the meantime I did my "own putter fitting" by tinkering with my '22 Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5, by trying different head weights. Took out...
  3. G

What is your preferred driver length?

Interesting… I’m about the same yardages.. having never known what my swing speed is, I broke down recently and got that Prgr.. swing speed tracking device but don’t think I’ve figured out how to use it quite right bc some of driver swings it says are in the 60’s Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. G

What is your preferred driver length?

I’m curious … I’m about your height as well and my trials have led me to 44.75.. what kind of distances do you currently hit the driver and what were some of the results at longer lengths? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. G

Tips to go from Low teens to low single digits HC

Such awesome information!! Some of it went straight to my soul!! Especially when I consider the makeup of my bag and how I manage my way around a golf course. many times the guys would play 9 hole skins games where the idea I felt was playing super aggressive to make birdies and as a result I...
  6. G

Thanks .. all great points!.. curious what’s your avg driver yardage and do you mostly have one shot shape ? Course mgmt wise I so agree with you about having playable tee shots, which for me might mean taking less than driver and changing targets off the tees.. Putting wise I’ve started...
  7. G

Again.. great insights..can’t wait to adapt the one shot shape (for me going back to my natural draw and working to not hook) and simplify my approach shots yardage selection. Because many times we play these skins games, I immediately follow along and hit driver.. thinking I have to max my...
  8. G

Totally agree about where to focus.. while I know I have to keep at the short game, as I’ve mentioned earlier, now that I’m on this journey to get as good as possible I’ve started to really lock in what club choices, shot targets I’m making and for eg the last round I played truly captured a lot...
  9. G

Appreciate all the thoughts and will in addition to short game, focus on taking more club into middle of greens.. the shot shape thing for me I now realized contributed to many of my course management mishaps. When I first started I played a draw, irons and woods, but bc I hooked the driver at...
  10. G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

To my ear the Paradym drivers are more muted compared to say Ping G430 driver.. are you finding the smoke AI’s to have a different sound compared to the Paradym? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. G

Interestingly I have the standard Paradym 10.5 and really like it.. but like anything else can’t help myself.. so when a buddy wanted to get rid of a Paradym X 9* head I got it and have been tinkering with it..using same shaft I like in both.. w While I hit it lower with the X head , ( not sure...
  12. G

One of my latest experiments was to get a Paradym X 9* head and compare the results to my current Paradym 10.5*. I hit the 10.5 well but it just seems like I hit it so high and since I had an opportunity to get the X off a buddy that had it I thought what the heck.. Results so far are mixed...
  13. G

Is Nicklaus relevant anymore?

And let’s not forget his views on black players.. he once made a remark in 94 that he thought there were few black players because they had different muscles that react in different ways ..and sure he supposedly tried to clarify.. but to me while that last guy’s post made Jack out to be a...
  14. G

Thanks a lot for all the insights.. had not used GHIN in the past.. but it sounds like if I’m going to be serious about it I need to add that as well.. did you go with the standard GHIN app feature or a more advanced one? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. G

Will look into Grint.. but like you I am kinda anti-phone..feel I already use GPS to get yardages and just don’t want any other technology things to deal with while playing.. maybe narrow it down to a couple of key stats to track and if anything unusual then add it for that particular hole…...
Back