Recent content by GolfMT36

1. G

8-Iron Spinner?

Does need to be X100 if we are saying 8i spinner trick, otherwise we aren't doing it correctly as you don't want to be using an 8i shaft with other models. Exception would be another shaft in the DG lineup.
  2. G

8-Iron Spinner?

It's soft stepping 1x with an X100 shaft, so the end result is stiffer than the stock S300/S400 DG wedge shaft used.
  3. G

Club Champion VIP Fitting

FYI, you're not paying retail at CC. You're are paying CC retail. You can go anywhere online and buy a Ventus for $350. Every shaft and every grip at CC is marked up over retail.
  4. G

Golf club fitting question

Find me a golfer who gets fit into the exact same specs from two different fitters and I can find you 2 golfers who weren't. Golf clubs and golfers are not a lock and key. Some types of equipment will work better, some won't. We are talking static weight, swing weight (though 95% of SW "fitting"...
  5. G

Low spin shafts in regular flex

Changing flex in most cases does not change the profile. It simply moves it up or down in a stiffness range. The relative stiffness of each part of the shaft to the rest of it does not change. Very few exceptions to this rule, except when moving into a TX flex. Then all bets are off.
  6. G

Low spin shafts in regular flex

Why not get the shaft and install into current head. If you aren't happy with the results you can move into a different head.
  7. G

Lie Angle Fitting - What's Your Opinion

You are correct that the the higher loft will keep the spin axis more neutral in the wedges. However the initial launch direction will actually be more influenced than with any flatter faced club. Now you could also argue that the actual distance offline will not be as great b/c the overall...
  8. G

Broken graphite removal

Drill followed by a wood screw of similar size. Screw that in, heat the adapter, and pull using the end of the screw.
  9. G

Lie Angle Fitting - What's Your Opinion

Should clarify this a bit. The importance of lie angle is not based on the turf interaction, as in most cases (exception being high lofted clubs) you have already made contact with the ball and sent it on its way by the time your club head gets into the turf. The reason we worry about lie angles...
  10. G

Is it worth me getting fitted clubs if I don’t have a consistent swing?

Let me give you an alternative that no one else has brought up here. Go to the fitting or don't go. A fitting only gives you a snap shot of what to expect from the equipment. How you might play with clubs once your body is used to them can and will change in many cases regardless of whether you...
  11. G

Changing Shafts? Any tutorials out there?

Golf specific epoxy does have certain attributes that you want to look for. Not all epoxy is created equal. You ideally want a lap shear strength of between 2500-4000 psi. Also golf epoxies break down at lower temps than some other epoxies. They also have some flexible beads suspended within the...
  12. G

Driver Swing Weight Questions

Since no one here has quite answered your question for what you are asking, here we go. If your driver is 45.5 inches and you drop the length down to 43.5 (this is actually a bit long for a 3 wood but for easy math), you would drop around 12-13 swing weight points so your D2 driver would now be...
  13. G

Iron shaft weight

I did a reshaft for a friend who also had those 85g TM shafts in some Burner 2.0s. Ended up going with 105g True Temper XPs (Elevate precursor). He wanted to go slightly heavier because he was stronger and more importantly those 85g shafts all bent at the tips over time. I don't think there is...
  14. G

Soft step or not.

If you are looking for more height, you really need to adjust your lofts. That is the only sure way to change launch. Shaft changes and especially stepping is going to be very unreliable. Only for sure thing is that the shafts will be lighter when soft stepped.
Back