Recent content by gr8nole

1. gr8nole

Forecaddies?

A definite yes for me and my group. We’ve made numerous trips to Scotland and Ireland and their ability to find golf balls hit into the deep rough is phenomenal. If you happen to get one that is a good green reader, the scores will benefit. And, we’ve never taken a wrong course route.
  2. gr8nole

How Often Do You Play 18?

I try to limit my play to Monday to Friday and get in 3-4 rounds per week.
  3. gr8nole

Have you ever been hit by a ball on the course?

Yes. I was standing on a tee box when a ball landed behind me and hit my leg. I looked down and it was my golf ball, one I’d lost two holes before. Another golfer found it and his wayward shot found me!
  4. gr8nole

RIP Coach Bowden

Coach Bowden lived a good life with an emphasis on Faith, Family and Football. If he had to add one more thing to that list of three, I'm sure golf would have been in the running. I had the good fortune to play with him about ten times, and during those rounds he was always more interested in...
  5. gr8nole

Tour Player YOU hope breaks out?

Hank Lebioda. A great young man whose game has recently risen to new heights.
  6. gr8nole

Top of the Bag: What’s your setup?

This matches my bag exactly. Currently have the 4h in place of the 7w in order to use it for chipping on a course loaded with tight lies and elevated greens.
  7. gr8nole

Favorite Golf Resort?

Hard to beat Bandon with four Top 50 courses at one resort. Streamsong with three Top 100 courses is also very nice.
  8. gr8nole

What are doing during the lockdown ?

I am ruining my golf game by viewing golf instruction videos. It will take years to recover.
  9. gr8nole

Are You Playing the Wrong Grips?

Amazingly, the selector chose CP2 Pro/Wrap. which is just what I'm using. I've found this grip to be very durable.
  10. gr8nole

What golf achievement were you the most proud of in 2019?

At age 73, shot a round of 71. When I put my score into GHIN I got a message which essentially said, “Are you sure?” Obviously not near my normal scores.
  11. gr8nole

Bad Course Conditions

Describe the worst course condition that you've played. Mine would be a private course where the greens had so little grass they were raked instead of mowed.
Back