Recent content by Grand Stranded

1. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Just tuned in, and I’m not gonna lie, Mike. I’m a little disappointed. Are you Amish by any chance?
  2. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

* Running to put the LPGA on now to see the outfit… who’s with me?
  3. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Today’s round was incredibly irritating. I hit the ball as well as I can, but had the worst day I can remember having with my putter. By the time we were midway through the back 9, I was a basket case. I couldn’t make a 3 footer. What should’ve been a very low 80’s at worst round ended up...
  4. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

My short game is brutal… I wish I could find something!
  5. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I play with a 3 cap who chips one armed side saddle. He’s deadly.
  6. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

It’s peak season down here right now, and it’s tough for a group of 40 to get tee times together, so my Saturday group is traveling tomorrow. I wanted to play in Barefoot so I’m playing with the same group I play with on Thursdays. Whereas they play a semi cutthroat event on Thursday, it seems...
  7. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Pretty good round on a tough course yesterday. I started double-double, then birdied #3 to get things going. I finished 43-42-85 and won just over a $100. The highlight of my day was chipping in for bird on 14 which got me a $44 skin.
  8. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’ve mentioned this privately to @SC Putter but I’m noticing my Stealth 7W is giving me 10-15 yards more than the Paradym version I struggled with. I‘m not sure whether it’s head or shaft related but the numbers don’t lie. The Stealth just works better for me. I thought my 4H might be redundant...
  9. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I played yesterday in our Members League, and was a little off compared to how I played the same course on Saturday. Nothing horrible that stood out, just a few bad swings and/or bad breaks at inopportune times… it isn’t easy at my level to validate a really good round 3 days later. My back got...
  10. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m playing in our Members league tomorrow, 1028 tee time on the same course I played so well on Saturday when it was bone dry and playing really fast. It was crazy how far balls were bouncing and rolling out. It rained from Saturday afternoon until late last night so even though it was mostly...
  11. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Other than their Apex iron line and their marketing, there is nothing Callaway is doing lately that I’m impressed with.
  12. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m looking at your yardages at the top of your bag and the first thing that comes to mind is I hate you. 😜 The second thing is, if your gapping is good throughout your bag, what possible issue could there be?
  13. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Low expectations and swing freely. You got this @Sean
  14. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

@SC Putter WOW!!! Couldn’t be happier with my round today. 43 on the front (a few silly mistakes on the front, but hey… haven’t played in a few weeks), but a 38 on the back for an 81. The Stealth woods and hybrids seem like a better combo for me than anything I’ve played for years. I had two...
  15. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I have a 956 tee time and I’ve been awake since 545am. It’s my first round in about 3 weeks. Can’t believe how much I’m looking forward to playing…
Back