Recent content by greenOak

1. G

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

Only time I'll tee up a wedge is if I'm struggling a lot with fat shots. If I'm feeling good about my ball-striking I'm not teeing up wedges. I'll sometimes not tee up short irons either, but with anything longer I'm always using a tee.
  2. G

The Masters is in a slump

Agree with OP but whether or not you get a close race down the final holes is just down to luck. Also agree that hearing about "patrons" all week is annoying AF but ultimately a small price to pay.
  3. G

Course Mgmt: shot evaluation criteria

The problem with this train of thought is thinking that you can "just make a bogey" with a short club in your hand. If you can thin a long iron into the river, I'm sure you're capable of thinning a short iron into the river as well. Whether or not you made a good decision or not ultimately comes...
  4. G

Would you pay for lessons that don't use technology

No launch monitor would be a deal breaker for me. IMO things like path, AoA, launch angle, and many others cannot be accurately guessed without one. I know I ran into an issue where others (playing partners, instructor, myself) thought I had a very out-to-in swing path because of a dtl full...
  5. G

2024 Round Count

1 Played like absolute crap but I'm finally on the board.
  6. G

Golf myths that need to go away

Drive for show putt for dough
  7. G

RyanG’s Road to a 5

I wonder how many people they'd get on Friday given the snow in the forecast. I'd say nobody, but driving by Victoria driving range I saw a lone golfer battling the snow the day it opened.
  8. G

Brand Talk: What comes to mind when you think of PING?

Tbh other than Cleveland golf which is in the name of this forum, I have no idea which brands sponsor this site.
  9. G

2 Questions - Handicaps & Differentials

1. Unofficially yes, officially no 2. yes
  10. G

Why we play for scores instead of handicap differential?

This is the answer to OP's question. Most golfers don't keep a handicap, and plenty that do don't understand what a differential is.
  11. G

Who is a fault? Scottie or Beau?

Cool gif of yourself
  12. G

Last club to truly surprise you?

Taylormade burner driver. Certainly was a revelation going from 250cc to 460cc. Honestly, pretty much every modern golf club performs more or less how I expect it to.
  13. G

Are You A Course Planner?

Definitely a planner. Sometimes I deviate from my initial plan because it's hard to judge angles, slopes, and elevation changes without actually being there, but I always have a general plan for every hole I play at a new course.
  14. G

Where do you get the idea that Scottie didn't announce what ball he was playing? Hossler knew exactly what ball Scottie was playing. Scottie was too lackadaisical about checking which ball was his but it's completely understandable why he was.
  15. G

Why do you think he didn't? Scottie thought he was the only one playing a titleist-1 (or whatever number it was), and just hit a titleist-1 without thinking too much because he didn't know Hossler had switched balls. Hossler wasn't confused as to what ball Scottie was playing.
Back