Recent content by Griff

1. Griff

Favorite Odyssey Insert

Title says it all. What's your favorite Odyssey insert? Past or present, let's hear it.
  2. Griff

Demo Weekend

Being nearly 100% content with my setup I went to a demo weekend with only 1 mission, hit the i20 with stock steel. Did that and posted my thoughts in the i20 thread. After that I just wandered around and hit a bunch of random things. Cleveland 588 irons 6I - TC asked me to hit these and glad...
  3. Griff

Your Least Favorite Yardage

For me it's 120. 9I too much, PW not quite enough and try as I may I can't manipulate the 9 enough to make it happen. 4 feet is a close 2nd.
  4. Griff

Who Checks the Sole Before Buying?

Been meaning to ask this for awhile. Honestly, who investigates sole design of a club before they buy? If so, what do you look for on the floor of the club? Talking design here, not bounce. Two very different things. Will ask this as well....what good is forgiveness and "playability" if the...
  5. Griff

WTB - 54 and 58 wedge

Looking for a 54 and 58 wedge set for my brother's birthday. Open to anything as he is not at all picky. Nothing too used as it is a gift. His wedges are a joke and golf balls are a boring present. Post up here or shoot me a PM. Thanks!
  6. Griff

The App Thread

If this is somewhere please merge. I looked and looked and came up empty. What app is wasting your time or making you a more efficient human being? Angry Birds wasted a bunch of my time, now it's Tiny Tower.
  7. Griff

FS Puma Jigg Size 10M - Never Outdoors

For sale is a pair of Puma Jiggs, size 10M. Only worn indoors when I bought them and here in the living room. If the usual gel insert I use on some shoes would fit I would keep them as I really like the way they look. They just don't fit like they did when I bought them and are a bit too...
  8. Griff

Wilson Harmonized Putters

Store happened to have some of these. They weren't there last week and I'm not sure if this is a new model or what. For the $40 price tag they had I was extremely impressed. They seem very stable and put a nice aggressive roll on the ball. Felt good too. Not mushy and not clicky. If I...
  9. Griff

Ping Adjustable Shaft

Check this out on the Nome. http://www.ping.com/ It's on their homepage and it's the only link I can find right now. Better link. http://www.ping.com/about/insideping.aspx?id=12701
  10. Griff

My Miss

This shows my biggest miss. I think when this happens when I slide my hips forward and the club lags. Come at it from the outside and off she goes to the right. Anything else in there I may be doing to get so outside? Holy cow, look at my feet! Nowhere near aligned right. Wow, what a mess...
  11. Griff

Forgan Golf

Perhaps our European brothers and sisters can help us out with this company. http://www.forgangolf.com/default.aspx Not sure what to make of them and their pricing. I'd be willing to give some of it a go if anyone has something positive to say. :D
  12. Griff

Golf Frontier

Anyone try this app for droid? $5 doesn't seem bad.
  13. Griff

Safety on Facebook?

Over the last few months I have read some things, sorry no references, that have me pretty skeptical of privacy on FB. I have next to no FB activity unless it is THP related. I just want to be sure what information I have as private is truly private. I understand it is a great vessel for THP...
  14. Griff

Teaching Junior Golfers

Next year I may get 1 lesson per month for my son. Local course holds junior events and I think I'll give em a shot. I've taught him everything up to this point. He's got a knack for it and had a triple bogey on a 135 yard par 3 this year, he was 4 at the time, just turned 5. Anyone teach...
  15. Griff

Fascinating NASA Project

Goal of the human race should be to get off our planet. Eventually, our sun will implode and poof, we're gone. Yeah, odds are we'll nuke each other to death or be wiped out by a virus before the sun goes dormant. Good news is we are making progress...
Back