Recent content by GutterSnipe

1. G

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

My first weekend report is that over two rounds I like them a lot. I hit one bad shot where I duck hooked it into the pond from pulling the wrong club, but mostly they were solid, easy to hit, and saved me on three shots from very sketchy lies that I would never have hit the green from with my...
  2. G

I figure I’ll use half of the head covers while playing to avoid knocking and keep them fully sleeved during car rides.
  3. G

I got KBS C-Taper Lite in Regular, which is what the Mizuno shaft selector spit out. On-course results: I hit some shots today that I never would have with my old clubs. The highlight was my nemesis par 3 where I always swing defensively with a 6 iron to guard against hooking into the cavernous...
  4. G

Well, in the simulator I can report that they are very forgiving. I’m going to play a sim round next and will have to wait for Saturday for grass. They do sound a little odd, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
  5. G

Big surprise today, I wasn’t expecting the order from 8/6 to come in until September, but I got a call from PGA Tour Superstore. Even the back ordered DW showed up!! I really don’t know the fuss on the looks of these. Each club is designed for its task and they look gorgeous. Waiting to finish...
  6. G

Yup. The Launch Pads have even less, but the Stealth HDs look like hook machines. Notably, the ZX4s have more offset in the longer irons as well.
  7. G

Clubfitting Part 2 The ZX4 and Launcher XL were discarded as they launched too low…and the ZX5 had no forgiveness on heel contact. We also tried 2 degrees flat on the Halo and Mizuno irons but it felt wrong and I lost balls to the right. It’s notable that I hit the Launcher XL the farthest at...
  8. G

I’ve been XL Halo curious ever since I found an 8 iron on the course a year ago. I hit it and it felt like cheating. I’ve also been struggling with a hook on my irons for the last couple sets of clubs, despite lessons and a simulator in my living room. My other tendency is to hit it on the heel...
  9. G

Houston Club Champion fitting for Edel SL01 irons

I went in yesterday for an iron fitting. I've been thinking about doing a hacked version of the single length irons from Edel. I already have the wedges in a driver grind, and didn't want the expense or six iron length in the wedges, so I decided to go with two lengths. This puts me into...
Back