Recent content by hackasack

1. H

2021-2022 College Football Thread

Wow is right. I just sent that to my longtime work spouse who is always complaining that the refs are screwing PSU. She was at the game and has been whining ever since, I can only imagine if they lost.
  2. H

Who is a Skier?

Yeah, the Ikon pass is a great pass if you have the time to ski. It works really well in central Vermont where our ski club owns a lodge. Upper level pass gets 7 days at Killington, unlimited at Sugarbush and Stratton, and I will get a trip out west also.
  3. H

These have gotta be the best Oreos ever!

So what's your point? We certainly don't think these are healthy eats. Live a little and enjoy life instead of worrying about everything you eat being healthy.:eek: Just don't eat the whole package in 24 hours like i sometimes do.
  4. H

Baker's Dozen Of Bagels

Agreed, and in answer to what qualifies as a bagel, it would have to come from NY or NJ. :ROFLMAO: I've heard it is because of the water.
  5. H

These have gotta be the best Oreos ever!

So many flavors of Oreos now, and at least 4 different types of fill level of the original-Mega, Most, double and regular. I get a big glass of skim milk and a spoon. Drop one in and wait for it to sink and scoop it out with the spoon. I see they have a pistachio flavor now and will have to try...
  6. H

Any OBX Anglers around?

Not a fisherman but love the OBX, I also caught a 10 lb 5 oz fluke on a company fishing trip some years back. Complete luck and i could not appreciate it and wish one of my fisherman coworkers had caught it. Every time i reeled in my bait was gone so i clearly had no idea what i was doing...
  7. H

Who is a Skier?

Yeah, you definitely are missing out if you live in Utah and don't get into skiing. I've been able to get in ~ 25 days/year the last few years since I joined a ski club. Vermont and then then a week out west most years. Utah is fantastic when you take into account the number of resorts and...
  8. H

Pimp My Push Cart

WO, I've been walking a lot of rounds after work lately and thinking about upgrading my POS bare bones, old push cart, but the clicgear prices scared me away. Thanks for pointing this out as I'm checking it out on the Costco site and it looks pretty solid at a much more reasonable price. How...
  9. H

Free Golf, Hunterdon County NJ Private course

Wow, wish I could've made this. I had total hip replacement 2 weeks ago and have been walking unaided 3 days after surgery, but not quite ready for golf yet. Not sure how you can't get a group together for free golf on a pretty nice course. enjoy whoever makes it.
  10. H

setting up a golf league at work-establishing handicaps

Hey all. I am in the process of setting up a golf league at work. We only have 6 teams, but most players are casual golfers and do not have established handicaps. I played in a work league years back and somehow we established them on the fly. Are there any good free sites that accomodate...
  11. H

Clueless Rangers

I was playing yesterday morning at a course that does a terrible job of making sure everyone keeps up a decent pace and I've determined that the main reason is that the rangers are absolutely clueless. Our group which teed off at 7:30 was held up on every hole for 5 minutes or so. Not that big...
  12. H

Questions about Golfsmith demo cages

I went to Golfsmith today to get some tape and solvent to regrip my clubs. While I was in there I figured I'd hit a few balls in the hitting area. I'm not a long hitter and usually hit my decent drives ~ 230 or so. I hit some balls that felt really good off the club and it gave me a readout...
  13. H

OBX courses

I'll be going down to the OBX next month with the family and will be looking to play a round or two while there. The last ti I was down was about 7 years ago and there were some newbs so we played the crummy course before the bridge. This time I'll be playing as a single and would like to hit...
  14. H

Ok, I'm pretty new here but I was thinking this board is full of either BSers or grea

After seeing all of the albatross club members on peoples avatars. I thought you got that if you got an albatross and posted here. I was really feeling bad that I have never even goten an eagle. Recently I got an admin e-mail notifying me about the albatross club. Doh. I'll probably join up...
Back