Recent content by halk

1. halk

Fess Parker

Fess Parker the actor that made David Crockett a must see for all of us old timers back when we were kids died yesterday at the age of 85. NPR did a segment on him last night while I was driving home and they played the theme song to the show now I can't get that darn song out of my mind. RIP...
  2. halk

My Buddy

Here are a couple pictures of my spoiled rotten buddy. Some of you may remember him when I posted pictures of him at about 6 weeks old he just turned 6 months this month. His name is Mobi, my daughter thought the name was good play on Moby Dick and the fact that I got him in Mobile Alabama. He...
  3. halk

Rain Man Dies

Utah man who inspired the 1988 movie "Rain Man" starring Dustin Hoffman has died Kim Peek was 58. He has appeared on TV shows such as Discovery Channel he had amazing knowledge of numbers and dates. Utah man who inspired ‘Rain Man’ dies - Movies- msnbc.com
  4. halk

To All My Friends

To all my friends on THP an e-card for all of you to enjoy. May all of you and your families have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. click on the link below and follow the on screen instructions enjoy. Ashland University Holiday Ecards
  5. halk

Holiday Pet Hazards

It's that time of the year that we who have four legged friends in the house need to be a bit more careful as to what they can get into. My daughter is a Vet and she always reminds me to be extra carefully this time of the year. Below is a list of five things to keep and eye out for during the...
  6. halk

New Decade

Just over a month away we will begin a new decade. What are some of your most memorable moments of this decade for you? We all know that 9-11 will be with us all but what about some other personnel moments such as you had a hole in one or a great golf score or remember a great sport event or...
  7. halk

Thanksgiving Holiday Traditions

Well Thanksgiving is almost here just wondering if you and your family have big Thanksgiving family get together? My family use to when my parents and my wife's parents were living we always were at my parents for a noon meal and a night meal at her parents. Both our parents have passed away...
  8. halk

Uga VII

Uga VII the beloved bull dog mascot of The University of Georgia passed away yesterday of hart failure he was four years old.
  9. halk

Fringe (TV show on Fox)

How many of you have gotten hooked on this TV show? I got hooked by it last year during it's mid season debut. I especially like the character Walter. It has a bit of a hint of the original Twilight Zone with Rod Serling. Most of my TV viewing is HGT, DIY, or Food Network, I try not to miss...
  10. halk

Running Shoes

I have got to buy new running shoes thought I would get some input on what you guys think about the different brands out there. I have worn New Balance shoes for years now and always like the fit etc, but the last pair I bought for running has I think contributed to my plantars fasciitis. I have...
  11. halk

On the Rocks

Would be nice to sample a bit of this on the rocks. Drillers seek Scotch lost in Antarctica in 1909 - TODAY Food and wine
  12. halk

Famous People and Celebrities

In the past week we have had 5 famous people and celebrities that have left the stage of life to play a bigger stage. Henry Gibson (Laugh In fame) Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing Fame) Crystal Lee Sutton (Had it not been for the movie Norma Rae we may have never heard of Crystal Lee Sutton) Marry...
  13. halk

Fringe

Thursday night is the fall start of Fox TVs new show the Fringe at 9/8C I think this is one of the better shows on TV. If you caught the mid season premiere of the show last season I think you would agree. It kind of the X-Files and Twilight Zone roll into one and makes the unbelievable somewhat...
  14. halk

Golf Saturation Point Reached

I will apologized if this has been discussed and the dead horse has been beat to death before. This is the first year in quite a long time that I have reached a point of saturation for like of a better word or maybe lost of interest may be more appropriate. Anyway I live in an area where year...
  15. halk

Birthday Bear

“Only YOU can prevent forest fires!” It may seem hard to believe, but our friend Smokey Bear has been delivering that serious message for 65 years. The most iconic image in fire-fighting history has been the furry face of woodland fire prevention since he became the spokesbear back on...
Back