Recent content by Hamfist

1. Hamfist

Grip Change - How Long Before It Sets In?

I'm trying to go with a grip change right now. I did a one-off GolfTec lesson, and he laid out the move to a strong grip makes all my lines and angles fall into a much better place. It's only the beginning, but, it's so tough seeing all my normally crap shots be even crappier. I know I need to...
  2. Hamfist

What are you picking? Local Brewery Edition

Done and done!
  3. Hamfist

Where is your game?

Quit after nine in complete defeat on Sunday, if that tells you anything.
  4. Hamfist

What would you shoot at Augusta?

I wouldn't keep score, why ruin the day?
  5. Hamfist

The 60 and over Thread

I don't know if you ever watch the "Golf Mates" channel on YT, but the resident senior, Old Man Pat, has a swing that looks pretty much all arms and seems to work well for his 83 years-old body. Swings totally loose and smooth. While he doesn't hit it very far, it's always in the fairway, and he...
  6. Hamfist

The 60 and over Thread

After yesterday, I have to accept that my game is gone, my swing is in tatters, and I am not happy playing anymore. So, I think this season will be nothing but trying to build a swing. I'm sure, it will all come together just as winter hits.
  7. Hamfist

The 60 and over Thread

Played the area a couple times with the B100 group. some great courses there, indeed.
  8. Hamfist

The 60 and over Thread

I didn't for a while, and enjoyed it. then, was looking to get a handicap and kept score for a bunch, but, never got around to doing the paperwork for the cap. Now, since my desire to play is really diminished since a few months ago, I'm not going to keep score again. Might play from the...
  9. Hamfist

Why do I even bother with driver?

One of golf's most asked questions, I bet.
  10. Hamfist

Why do I even bother with driver?

Check out a mini driver? It might be the best of both worlds. A bit more length over the 3W, and a bit better control than the D? Caveat: I stink, so take my input at your own peril.
  11. Hamfist

Should short knockers play faster than bombers?

Well, it is a shorter walk to my next shot, so, sure.
  12. Hamfist

Where is your game?

The game itself is still mediocre at best. My desire to play is at about 12% of normal. That's up from the 0% interest it was a couple months ago.
Back