Recent content by Hankster

1. Hankster

Advice on next iron set (back injury)

Last time I posted here was fall of 2011. That's also the last time I picked up a club. Long story short, after nine years of firefighting the injuries caught up with me. After two weeks of bed rest I was able to move regularly. But since then I haven't picked up a club. I've decided to begin...
  2. Hankster

If you're putting for birdie and an earthquack happens...

...do you get a redo? :bulgy-eyes: Or, if you're competition is putting for birdie and an earthquake happens...do you give him a redo? :angel:
  3. Hankster

Has a small break ever improved your game?

Pull a muscle in my back several weeks ago. About two weeks after I started swinging the clubs at the range and then started playing on the course. In the last two weeks I've hit the range 3-4 times a week and on the course 2-3 times a week (9 holes). Basically, I've been swinging the clubs...
  4. Hankster

Down for the count

In 10 years I've never injured myself playing golf. That streak's over. Threw out my back using a 3w. Can't believe it. In so much pain I can barely stand up straight. This is the second time my back has failed me, first time was 5 years ago during work. Oh, the mental agony of not being able...
  5. Hankster

Stickers on clubs

We all love shiny new clubs. But, what about the stickers? Do you remove some of them? All of them? Tell me!
  6. Hankster

Does your performance reflect your group?

I'm a pretty decent golfer. I'm not great but I don't suck. When I'm alone I always play the same, my shots are exactly what I expect. When I'm with better players I always make one or two great shots. When I'm with players who just started, or not very good, I find myself mishitting all the...
  7. Hankster

Ogio Grom 2011 - organizing w/14 slots? (photos)

Just upgraded my old TaylorMade bag with an Ogio Grom 2011. I was getting frustrated with my clubs being stuck while being pulled out and placed in. So, I decided to try a 14 slot organizer. It's the new diamond shaped style slots, something I'm not used to. I've decided to go with the...
Back