Recent content by hawklet06

1. H

My Driver Fitting Experience

I decided it was time to fit for a new driver since I've had my SuperQuad for about 6 years. I wanted to like the G20, and didn't want the white-headed Taylormade drivers. The numbers are roughly accurate as my memory is a little fuzzy... First I hit my SuperQuad, and my clubhead speed was...
  2. H

Living Room Drills

What's your favorite drill for practicing at home? I'm looking for something that doesn't involve a whole swing because I don't have a lot of space...
  3. H

Switching Hands?

So I have a messed up left shoulder, and when I golf (I'm a righty), my shoulder starts to hurt pretty quickly, especially if I hit it fat. My understanding is that the swing is led by the lead shoulder (the left shoulder for a righty). So, I was wondering whether I should start golfing left...
  4. H

Are tee boxes supposed to be level?

At my home course, I've noticed that the tee boxes are no longer level. I will frequently get set up for a drive and notice that my feet are above or below the ground where the ball is. Or, my personal favorite, one foot is noticeably higher than the other. I know that I could move the re-tee...
  5. H

SeeMore FGP

I tried out the FGP today at the store, and I was very impressed. All of my putts followed the line I was aiming. I didn't get the roll I was getting with the Method, but I was so impressed with the consistency I was getting with the FGP. I think I might be gaming this soon. It was just so...
  6. H

Forged Clubs at the Driving Range

So, I heard from somewhere (I can't remember where) that it is bad to hit forged clubs off of mats at the driving range because they can change the lie and loft of the clubs. Is true, or just way overblown?
  7. H

Should I get blades?

Today I was at the driving range, and I tried out the Bridgestone J36, and Ping S57. I hit them much better than my CG7's. I thought it was a fluke, so I went to the local store and hit some MP-58, MP-14, Titleist MBs and Adams CB1, and they all were better than my CG7s. The catch is I don't...
  8. H

Putter Grooves

I was putting with a Rife putter the other day and I noticed it seemed to get the ball rolling quickly. I've noticed a lot of brands are using inserts or grooves (Method, Rife, Yes!) to promote better roll. Are plain milled faces are going to become obsolete, or is it a bunch of marketing hype?
  9. H

New Wedge Dilemma

So it looks like I am going to be getting a 54* wedge soon to fill the gap in my bag. Right now, I am choosing between the Callaway Jaws and a Scratch. Unfortunately, all the local stores won't let me hit wedges. Anyone have any insight between these two (and perhaps other) wedges? I will be...
  10. H

New Putting Grip

I had an interesting discovery today! I was practicing putting, and took a left handed grip, but still putted righty. Surprisingly I was putting better that way. Anyone know why? And, will I be hurting myself in the long run by using this new grip?
  11. H

Checking in from MO

The golf bug has bitten me hard this season. Fortunately, there are forums to keep me entertained when I am not on the course. I've been reading this forum for a while, and I decided to join.
Back