Recent content by hjimzaf

1. hjimzaf

Tour Event 2023 Valspar Championship

Nope! Go Jordan!
  2. hjimzaf

Tour Event 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open

He’s found his mojo and I hope they keep dropping tomorrow!
  3. hjimzaf

Tour Event Contest: 2020 WGC FedEx St. Jude – Sponsored by Golf Pride Grips

Justin’s dad’s elbow is safe from the rona!
  4. hjimzaf

The best shot of the round

Opening hole, I sliced my drive left into the trees. Had to punch out into the fairway. 3rd shot, 96 yds out, 1 hop into the hole for birdie! ??
  5. hjimzaf

FedEx St Jude being converted into WGC event

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23221626/wgc-firestone-being-replaced-wgc-event-memphis
  6. hjimzaf

PGA Championship moving to May in 2019

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/20276694/pga-championship-moves-2019 http://es.pn/2vf7AMl
  7. hjimzaf

Do you wear a cotton undershirt under your golf shirt? Why?

I've seen a few people out on the course doing this. I think it negates the moisture wicking properties of today's modern golf apparel. I feel like you're keeping the shirt from doing its job and you'd be hotter during your round. Thoughts?
  8. hjimzaf

First round of the year tips

What are your tips for that first round of the year? Headed out tomorrow for the first time since last October.
  9. hjimzaf

If it had gone to a playoff, who wins it?

I think Jordan in a close one.
  10. hjimzaf

I finally broke 80!

I wasn't going to play since I hate playing in the cold. My wife convinced me to go out since she's due any day now with child #2 and I won't be able to play for a while. 8 of us headed out to the Home Course in DuPont, WA. I shot 37/40 for a 77! I hit 11 of 14 fairways, 15 of 18 greens. 2...
  11. hjimzaf

When to play? Upon arrival or day of check out?

My awesome wife booked us a night at the Coeur d'Alene Resort. The only thing left to do is book my tee time. We arrive on April 5th. Check in time is 4pm and check out time is noon. The booking agent said I can play anytime on the 5th or 6th. The night before we're staying with her sister in...
  12. hjimzaf

Where did you start playing?

My dad first took me out to a par 3 course when I was 8. At around 10 I "graduated" to the local par 29 executive course. I didn't play my first "real" course until I was about 12 or 13. I still remember thinking how cool it was that my dad got us a cart. Where did you start playing?
  13. hjimzaf

FootJoy's Boa Lacing System

Anyone have any feedback on the lacing system? Is it durable? Is it replaceable? I found some FJ Sports with the Boa on sale. They felt great in the store. I loved being able to adjust how tight or loose I wanted them with just the turn of a knob. Just wondering on the durability of the system.
  14. hjimzaf

Nike Air Academy Shoes

Anyone own these? My local golf retailer has them on closeout for $39.99, $20 to $30 cheaper than anyone else. They felt good in the store, just wondering how they feel after walking 18.
  15. hjimzaf

Who would you rather have on your scramble team?

It's time for our annual scramble tourney at work, and people are trying to break up my team! I have a scratch player, myself a 14 hdcp, and 2 players who only play once or twice a year, one of those times being this tourney. The team complaining the most is a team made up of all 12-15 hdcps. We...
Back