Recent content by hokiegolfer

1. hokiegolfer

TW and Arnold Palmer doing Karate!

Hahaha this is great, anyone else seen this?
  2. hokiegolfer

Hokie's Improvement Journey

I decided to start my own thread and update everyone on my journey from “playing golf” to actually “golfing”. I picked up sticks last year for the first time since I was 10 and used a youth set for a few months before I got bored. I am 23 and I played baseball from when I was about 6 all through...
  3. hokiegolfer

Sand Hollow Course Review- St. George, UT

SkiBumGolfer and I played this course this weekend. In my case, "played" means struggle through the front nine after vomiting all morning, throwing up again at the #9 tee box, and not being able to continue. I will put my thoughts and pics from the front nine in this post and the back nine in...
  4. hokiegolfer

FS: TaylorMade Ghost Corza 34" w/ SS grip

I am selling my TM Ghost putter, 34", with a Super Stroke Ultra Slim grip on it. I played this putter for 4 rounds and the grip for 3, I would rate them as 9.5/10. Possibly a 9/10 on the grip because of a small scratch from when it was put on, does not affect grip at all (you can see it in the...
  5. hokiegolfer

Drill for Slice

I know, I know, I searched and read through a lot of threads on impact, push slices, slicing the driver, etc, but none gave me exactly what I was looking for so I figured I would ask. I have recently been having a pretty severe fade/slice with nearly all of my longer clubs, not just driver. I...
  6. hokiegolfer

WTB Adams Idea A12 4-Hybrid Stiff Shaft

Love my 3-Hybrid, just seeing if anyone is looking to unload a 4. Thanks!
  7. hokiegolfer

Beginner's Q about my 3-Wood

So long story short I have had this club forever- a ProKennex something, as part of a set of really flexible graphite shafted clubs I got when I was like 12. Since I've picked up golf again in the last few months, I snapped a few heads off the irons just because they weren't very nice and I have...
  8. hokiegolfer

Got my first birdie today!!

500 yd par 5, dogleg left. Cut the corner off the tee, then put my second shot with my 3-hybrid right on the fringe 15 feet from the pin! Rolled it to 5 ft with my AW- tap in birdie! Best hole I've ever played! Had to come with the humblebrag :cool:
  9. hokiegolfer

Suggestions near Salt Lake City?

I just moved out here in June and I live SW of the city. I've played at a few courses- Glenmoor, Mountain View, and Murray Parkway. I've heard good things about Talon's Cove, anyone played any other courses out here? Thanks!
  10. hokiegolfer

New Guy from UT

New to the site and only about a month in to golf. Only have 2 rounds under my belt. Played a little when I was a kid, finally got rid of those old graphite irons and got some Burner 2.0's stiff shafts. Happy to be here!
Back