Recent content by HoselRocket104

1. HoselRocket104

Superbowl Trip

Some friends threw together a quick golf trip for super bowl weekend. We've got 3 course lined up over 4 days. Curious of there is a must play or something close to where we're staying to get an extra round. We're staying at a house next the Westin Kierland Golf Club. We'll play Kierland one...
  2. HoselRocket104

Handicap & Injury

What a wasted spring/summer. We have a pretty short golf season here already. Then I tore my rotator cuff. I haven't played golf since last September, (minus a couple winter rounds in AZ in February). I'm planning on being ready for a golf tourney I host in Aug but not sure i'll play before...
  3. HoselRocket104

WTB: Made For Titleist Diamana Ahina Hybrid Shaft

Looking for the Ahina for a 21 degree hybrid. Not sure if the shafts get shorter as the loft increases. This is for my dad. He bought a hybrid with the Bassara shaft and doesn't like the feel. Let me know what you have. Thanks, Shelby
  4. HoselRocket104

WTB - Aftermarket Driver Shaft w/ Titleist Surefit adaptor

Looking at playing around with the driver a little. I'm looking for a something standard length and x-stiff. I currently have the Titleist Diamana Ahina but looking to switch it up. Let me know what you have and the prices. I will also consider new shaft for the 910 3w and a 910H Hybrid...
  5. HoselRocket104

Golf Ball Thief

I needed to get some golf balls to replenish my stock. I stopped at Sports Authority and they had Pro Vs and the Tour Preferred Taylormades for $45. Felt like changing it up so I stopped at Wal-Mart. They're selection was pretty weak. They had the same Taylormades but that was it. I figured...
  6. HoselRocket104

Guns....

It's a good time to buy. Looks as though supply is finally exceeding demand and the prices are coming down. Most of our local shops have plenty on the shelves. There's plenty of folks on this site that have more knowledge about the AR platform. I have and like my Colt 6721 HBAR.
  7. HoselRocket104

Guns....

My new favorite gun oil.
  8. HoselRocket104

My Trip to Sports Authority

I have to tell this story because it made me laugh. We don't have a big box sports store in my town. To get anything golf related you purchase from the golf club. I was getting ready to head out of town to play in a golf tourney and wanted to pick up a box of balls for my partner and a box...
  9. HoselRocket104

Guns....

My newest little lady. Glock 23.
  10. HoselRocket104

Grip Issues

I few years back I changed my grip. I got the grip out of my palm and into my finger tips. Along with that I strengthened the grip a little. Last summer I was on the range and the teaching pro suggested strengthening it even more. It's really helped my game. However, I still have those days...
  11. HoselRocket104

Teaching a new golfer

I got a call from a friend and he's asked me to teach him to golf. He might play 1-2 times a year. I told him the best thing to do would be to take a lesson from the club pro. He didn't like the idea and would like to learn the basics before taking a lesson. I'm not sure how much he will...
  12. HoselRocket104

Guns....

Here's a pic of the little rimfire.
  13. HoselRocket104

Guns....

Stopped at the gun shop today and picked up a little varmint gun. It's a Savage Model 25. I had them throw on a Weaver Grand Slam 3.5-10 x 50 scope. I was ready to by a 22-250 but a friend talked me into the .223. I can use the same ammo as my AR-15. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to the range and...
  14. HoselRocket104

WTB Ping S-56 or S-57

Just curious if anyone has a set of Ping S-56 or S-57 they didn't like. A buddy is looking at picking up a set. Probably a shot in the dark but...
  15. HoselRocket104

Best Courses You've Played

Riverwood Golf Course Riverwood Golf Course Riverwood Golf Course in Bismarck, ND is my favorite course. This is where i learned to play after college. At first i hated the course because it was so difficult. I was behind in skill level compared to the rest of the guys i played with...
Back