Recent content by huhhh

1. huhhh

Callaway fitting question

Great info, thanks. They did offer the choice of woods, irons, wedges at 30 min. or full bag at 1 hr.
  2. huhhh

Callaway fitting question

Got an email that my course is hosting a Callaway fitting event. I set up an appointment, but there's no listed cost anywhere. Generally a red flag. I looked around online and only found prices from golftec or other listed fitters, nothing about Callaway's own events. Callaway's own...
  3. huhhh

Tour Event 2020 Masters Contest and Thread

Welcome to golf without 300 spotters where your ball lands. Or for most of us...golf.
  4. huhhh

Tour Event 2020 Masters Contest and Thread

Let's go Tony Finau
  5. huhhh

Tour Event 2020 US Open Contest and Thread

Finau and 8/10
  6. huhhh

Could You Hate Iron Covers Less?

kinky...but aren't they supposed to have little red balls at the front of the hoods? ...I mean yeah, those look tough.
  7. huhhh

The Rock hits a 490 yard drive?!

I could hit a wedge 500 yds..... ...on a parking lot.
  8. huhhh

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

We'll let you know once we figure that out in VA. <sigh>
  9. huhhh

Best Star Wars Character Ever?

Porkins RIP
  10. huhhh

Plastic or wooden tees?

I only use tees made from endangered species. Ivory, white rhino horn, blue whale ribs ext... I get 4.5 extra yards from the perfect whale tee.
  11. huhhh

Top Five Cruise Movies

1. Speed 2 2. Deep Rising 3. The Poseidon Adventure 4. Out to Sea 5. I guess Titanic counts. ...oh wait.
  12. huhhh

Errant Shot Etiquette

My parents have lived off the right of a par 5 green for close to 30 yrs now. It's far enough back with trees and a fence and decent sized yard to buffer that they've never had any problems. My dad was very aware of the lot he was choosing and the hole it was on and how much buffer he had...
  13. huhhh

Swing thoughts for Algernon..

What I mean is: I made some good gains. Swing changes, couple of lessons and lots (and lots) of time practicing. I practice way more than I play now. I felt like I was able to hit the ball solidly...REPEATEDLY. Even (dare I say it) consistently. I'm never gonna break course records, but I...
  14. huhhh

swing change: short clubs vs. long clubs

I had a lesson about a month ago and have been working on some changes (a lot) since then. It has not gone...well. I'm trying everything my instructor said; when it works it's great, when it doesn't I'm left trying to grind out where it went wrong (it's probably not the same place 2 times...
  15. huhhh

post lesson round...eeeee....

Yeah, it went about as you'd expect. Not well. I knew it was coming but it felt like everything that was working during the lesson, and the 2-3 practice sessions after the lesson was completely gone. I spent the entire time trying to find that feel again and, outside of maybe 5 or 6 swings...
Back