Recent content by ironman70

1. ironman70

FS: BRAND NEW Ping Eye 2 Irons, 3-SW...Very Rare in New Condition!

Incredible and Super Rare! PING Eye 2 Square Groove Irons; 3-SW... BRAND NEW! The PING Eye 2 irons are well known as the best irons ever made. They have a tremendous reputation as the most playable irons in history. Over the last three decades PING Eye 2's have been played at every level, and on...
  2. ironman70

Anyone Still Play Ping Eye 2's?

I tried borrowed Ping Eye 2's as a kid. I seem to remember they were very stiff. So was I. I went on to play many irons since then, most recently a forged combo set that I played for the last five years. A while back I tried Ping Eye 2's again. Wow, was I amazed at how well they played. It...
  3. ironman70

Do you Practice Short Game?

On a par 72 course, a scratch golfer will hit approximately 13 or 14 drives, 4 or 5 fairway woods or lay-ups, and about 12 or 13 approaches with mid or long irons (I'm including the par 3's here). The above accounts for about 32 strokes. The rest of the strokes played (40) are attributable to...
  4. ironman70

The Mental Side of the Game

The mental side of my game is something I have been trying to improve. Not only course management, but staying positive through the inevitable tough times that a golf round presents. I know many people that are self-fulfilling prophecies on the golf course. Just today I was playing with a guy...
  5. ironman70

Are You a Golf Rules Guru?

OK, so you took the "Are you a golf meathead?" quiz. Now move on to something a little more challenging. Take the USGA 25 question ADVANCED golf rules quiz and let us know how you did? Guru or Meathead? http://www.usga.org/RulesQuiz/rules_quizzes.html
  6. ironman70

Are you a golf meathead?

I read an article recently that in several other countries golfers need to pass a golf knowledge and etiquette test before they are allowed on the courses. After reading the article, I thought about the hundreds of times I have been stuck behind a group of golf meatheads that completely ruined...
  7. ironman70

Perfect Golf Day

The perfect golf day? 36 holes, and a cold Adams with the boys at the 19th (or is it the 37th?). A Johnny Walker Blue at the Ruths Chris bar, then a steak with all the trimmings. A Hennessy XO, and a Romeo and Juliet by the veranda, waiting for the game to come on, and talking about the next...
  8. ironman70

Good Used Golf Balls in South Florida

Does anyone know a good place to buy used golf balls in South Florida. I use to go to a shop in North Miami Beach where the guy had a $2 table that included Pro V1 and Callaway balls that you could swear had been hit only once. Unfortunately, that shop recently closed. As you may know from...
  9. ironman70

3 Iron or Hybrid?

For years I have been a traditionalist and kept my 3 iron in the bag. I have been a big proponent of training with the long irons to make hitting the short irons easier. My 4 iron is the club I hit the most when I am at the range and this has worked in terms of making me more proficient with...
  10. ironman70

Golf and Wine

My family enjoys touring the U.S. West Coast wine country. I also enjoy playing lots of golf. I would love to hear about good public access golf courses near wine country from the Central Coast of California and points North of that which offer both great wine tours, and nice golf...
  11. ironman70

Like Pro a V1?

When I was fitted for my driver and irons on a launch monitor the pro advised that because of the blah-blah-blah of my blah-blah-blah, the best golf balls for my game are the Pro V1 (not x), and the Callaway HX Tour. Of course, both of these retail for about $40 a dozen new. Does anyone out...
Back