Recent content by Islander

1. Islander

Tipped stock vs aftermarket

Looking for your guys' opinion. Spring has finally sprung in Eastern Canada and one of my courses finally opens on Fri, so I am getting my bag set up for this season. Little background, swung once in a simulator this winter and was between 112 to 114 MPH cold off the street. I am a high launch...
  2. Islander

Colour Matching

Hello everyone I have 2 pairs of pants that I am struggling to find matching shirts for and need some help. First pair, brown and cream pinstripe with each colour about the same width. Second, brown plaid with a the "boxes" being yellow. Brown is the base colour. Any suggestions on shirt colours...
  3. Islander

Old vs New

I am sure there are threads on this but I couldn't find any. Anyways, anyone play older equipment because it keeps outperforming newer stuff? I recently got an older Cobra Speed Pro S to fill in until my Adams 9064 got back from warranty work. Now that I have both back, I am hitting the Cobra...
  4. Islander

Yes! Abbie question

Kinda looking at buying one. I noticed that some have Pro Series on the neck and others have Swash Desn. Wondering if anyone knows what the difference is. Thanks
  5. Islander

ProLaunch AMP

Here is my little story. Was playing this evening (prob 3-5 degrees) and broke the stock X flex RIP shaft on my Adams right at the hosel. Now where it broke and since it is a pretty new club, I think I could probably get them to re-shaft it but here is where my question. I have a new ProLaunch...
  6. Islander

WTB: Wilson Staff Spine

I know it is a long shot, but if someone has one collecting dust in the closet somewhere and want to get rid of it I want it. Preferably 10.5, but 9 would do. Don't care about the shaft, even buy just the head if you have one. Would want the matching headcover with it. Let me know.
  7. Islander

Hello again from Prince Edward Island

Hello Guys I was on here quite a bit a year or so ago and now I am back. Just wanted to say hello in here since I am sure there are many new members (and older members I guess) that wouldn't know me.
  8. Islander

Orlando Golf Stores

Hey Guys There seems to be quite a few people on this board from Orlando and was wondering what stores are the go to stores for Hackers :D I always hear of people finding screaming deals in the southern states and I want to be one of those people. I am not really looking for 2011 stuff, and not...
  9. Islander

WTB - Adams A4 irons

Hey guys Looking for a set of irons for the upcoming season and have had my eyes on these for a while. Anyone have a set that they are looking into getting rid of and willing to ship them to Canada. Looking for 4-G ideally, but would be interested in 4-P/3-P RH Stiff. Thanks
  10. Islander

Arthur Xtreme Golf Shafts

Anyone know anything about these shafts. Site looks impressive, but I have never heard of them. Site: http://www.arthursports.com/index.php
  11. Islander

Budget shaft options

I am looking into replacing the shafts in my woods, but don't want to break the bank doing so. Here are the shafts I am looking into the; Aldila NV, UST Proforce AXIVCore Blue, and Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Platinum. Anyone have any experience/ comments about these shafts. I am looking for...
  12. Islander

Golf Lesson Success

Ok, so i figured it was time to get some golf lessons. I was able to get my swing respectable so I wouldn't embarrass myself, so I decided to look for an instructor. My biggest problem was keeping my tee shots in play. It is tough to score when you are taking penalty strokes on each hole. Now I...
  13. Islander

Shaft questions

I know they are asked a lot, but here is my issue. Is there a situation where a softer flex is better? My issue is that according to the Flightscope, my swing is normally around 105 MPH. Stiff shaft right? But when I swing some regular shafts some feel better than the stiffs. I was hitting a...
  14. Islander

Dynacraft Golf?

Anyone hear or better yet see any of their stuff. They have some wedges on eBay and they sound like a pretty nice club, but I have never heard of them. The wedges I was looking at was the dual CNC milled forged wedges. The write up is pretty convincing, but that is what it is supposed to do...
  15. Islander

New hybrid for me

Just got my new hybrid in the mail today. A Bridgestone J36. I have never even seen a Bridgestone club in person since they don't sell them in Canada, so I have no idea how it will work for me. I have wanted a club from them for a while, so when I saw a deal on eBay I pulled the trigger. First...
Back