Recent content by itg

1. I

Scotty Cameron studio design 2

Sorry, I didn't see this. Club is sold. There was no rust on it.
  2. I

For Sale Callaway Apex Pro Forged 16 + travel set

SELLING Callaway Apex Pro Forged 16 irons 5,6, 7, 8, 9, P $500 Adams idea proto 20 degree hybrid $40 Adams XTD Forged Irons 5,6, 8,9 Low play on tackimac green wrap grips $120 Adams CMB Gap wedge 50 deg KBS C-TAPER 120 Lamkin velvety grip $30 Titleist triple grind sole becu 60...
  3. I

Tad Moore Maxfli putter

Now updated to a modern shaft. Definitely a new take on an old design. Classic grip with a classic head shape and a new school high-tech shaft. The Scotty grip is very smooth. I like that it's longer than the old MacGregor, but the old grip was tackier in a good way. I can feel the stiffness in...
  4. I

Tad Moore Maxfli putter

I was just discussing refinishing heads with a friend. Not on this one, the bgt shaft I just bought for a good price. Add cost of fitting and assembly, I can't justify refinish. There are minor dings, but enough of the original bluing that I don't want to change it.
  5. I

Tad Moore Maxfli putter

Rescued from a mini golf themed bar where it was destined to a life of drunken abuse. Love this style of blade. Short flow next is gorgeous, balanced well, reminds me of my old scotty. Word is he was machining for Tad around this era? I may put a btg shaft on it though The MacGregor grip is...
  6. I

For those that this applies to…Why do you “prefer a milled putter” to an insert?

I'm not claiming inserts are less accurate. They change the vibrations transmitted through the club though. The process of milling a head was more accurate than cast or forged and ground heads. That was my point.
  7. I

For those that this applies to…Why do you “prefer a milled putter” to an insert?

Tad Moore was the guy who really started milled putters. They are more accurate and consistent head to head. He never understood the insert craze. Why would you want to mute feedback from your putt? I can tell by feeling and listening if a putt is thin or off center or pure. Inserts are a big...
  8. I

Graphite putter shaft adapter

I made a phenolic ferrule that fits the post style hosel to a graphite shaft. I love the way it looks, though it's different
  9. I

Bridgestone combo set

Looking to build this iron set. Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged 5, 6 J15 Driving Forged 7, 8 J15 Cavity Back 9, P Anyone have these clubs?
  10. I

Wedge set unmatched

Found these two new wedges. 54 Yamamoto and a 60 becu Titleist. Along with the CMB gap wedge, I think this loft spread is a bit better balanced. With the tom watson set the distance between pitching to gap was too much. The 56 bridgestone was not very forgiving, and the 54 feels a bit more...
  11. I

Hiro Yamamoto wedge

Thanks, that's just a cmb gap wedge. I kept it and sold the irons unfortunately. I play Callaway Apex Pro Forged 16 irons now. Not as Pretty, but a bit more forgiving.
  12. I

Hiro Yamamoto wedge

Had anyone heard of this maker? Forged Japanese steel with light milling on the back. Plays decent.
  13. I

Most underrated golf clubs?

Callaway c4 driver carbon I accidentally stepped on. Trimmed it and regripped for my 1 year old son. I think these hit fine. Super quiet sound
  14. I

Never have, but I'll keep an eye out
  15. I

Almost bought a set. These look like a smart buy
Back