Recent content by jag398

1. J

How to find golf tournaments in houston texas?

I'll be in Houston this coming Saturday and next Saturday as well. Does anyone know of a website that helps navigate which courses may be hosting 4 man scramble tournaments? Those of us heading down are just looking for something fun to do, but can't seem to find much information online...
  2. J

Titleist Black Paintfill

Does anyone know what color most matches the black paintfill for Titleist irons? I was going to buy testors black enamel and was wondering whether it's flat, semi-gloss, or super glossy. Thanks in advance!
  3. J

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Adapter?

I ordered a new Nike Vapor Fly Pro and currently have an Oban Kiyoshi White that I want to use with this driver. Is the adapter on the new Nike Vapor Fly Pro the same same from the Nike 2.0 covert line or is the tip different? Thanks in advance!
  4. J

Lie Angle

If you have a wedge std 64* lie, if you get it 1* flat does it go to 63* or 65*? I'm pretty sure it drops the angle to 63*, but I would just like to verify my thinking for those in the know. Thanks!
  5. J

Taylormade Sleeve

So I'm having a lot of trouble finding a reliable post or video on how to adjust the sleeve on a SLDR driver. Obviously loft up and down are easy to understand, but all the lines in between and those involving an upright lie aren't specified. Any ideas?
  6. J

Cobra Bio Cell Fairway Head Size?

Does anyone have any idea what head size in CC this club is? I can't seem to locate the info anywhere.
  7. J

Taylormade Shafts?

My buddy just got a new SLDR with an Oban Kiyoshi White and was concerned that the shaft graphics change means the shafts aren't the real deal from Oban. I know some manufactures such as Titleist have had "made for" shafts that aren't processed by the OEM and have different properties. Any...
  8. J

Razr Fit Shafts?

Do they fit in the Razr Fit Xtreme heads?
  9. J

Push Cart Umbrella Holder Accessory?

So I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a sun mountain SV1 or Clicgear 3.5 push cart and am interested in possibly having an open umbrella during the entire round. I'm wondering if anyone has used the umbrella accessory on either one of these push carts. Last summer here in Dallas it's...
  10. J

Diamana + Series

So I'm looking at the new Titleist 913 and see they are coming with a new Diamana shaft. I've heard nothing about it and was wondering if anyone has found any reviews on it.
  11. J

Can wedges be soft stepped?

I got a question for the shaft experts out there... I am playing KBS Tour X-stiff shafts that have been soft stepped once in my irons. I have traditionally played wedge shafts, but have decided to go with the same shafts in my wedges and was wondering if you can soft step wedges? Since you do...
  12. J

Best Rangefinder for 2012?

I know a few threads exist, but I'm just looking for a small update. Any suggestions on a new rangefinder?
  13. J

Dynamic Gold Frequency Matched?

I have a question for the board, and particularly the shaft experts... I was at my PGA superstore here in Plano and was trying out a few different shaft/head combos and finally found the best option for me at the time was a Titleist 712 CB with a DG S300... The real question that I have was...
  14. J

Lead Tape

I'm going to add lead tape to my driver and 3 wood to increase the swingweight 2 or 3 points... anyone have any idea where it would be best to add the lead tape? I've read many different opinions saying you can cure a slice or hook somewhat by adding to the heel or toe and I've read that all...
  15. J

Magnetic Headcovers

I'm not to sure where this post belongs, but I had a small question for the community. I just got a new scotty cameron with a customized headcover (paintfill was free with it) and want to make it magnetic. I saw the write up ( http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=3547 ) that's been done and...
Back