Recent content by JayB

1. JayB

TaylorMade Truss Putters

The changes to putters each year are similar to marketing light beer. You have to make a change each year to invigorate some sales, even if the change doesn’t do anything meaningful. . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. JayB

Rebuilding my swing using Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons

It is easy to watch hogan on youtube and think his book will get you that swing. Unfortunately it made me look like a monkey fornicating a football. I’m on the hunt for a new instructor; guy I was working with moved to a different club and is no longer convenient. I am joining a place now and...
  3. JayB

Theragun at the PGA Show

I’ve been waiting for the new models to appear on Amazon so i can use some amex points to get one. I’m hoping they really are as magical as everyone has indicated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. JayB

Rebuilding my swing using Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons

I too spent too much time with Hogan’s book and got no results. Went for some human instruction and that, combined with lots of practice, have les to better scores. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. JayB

Heat... And it's effects on your game...

When i am going to play in the midday summer heat; - knock off the nightly beer or cocktail a few days in advance - start drinking tons of water a day or two before - drink 12oz water every other hole. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. JayB

Pa players

I’m in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. JayB

Has Golf become a Snobby Sport

Pace is not a snob thing. It is you being courteous to all the other golfers who also wish to play. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. JayB

3w vs 5w

Interesting how some like the 3w size, some like 5w size. For me, the 3w is predominantly of fairway tool. Use it infrequently off the tee. And never out of the rough. (My. M1 3hyb has a good head shape/size for digging balls out of the rough at long range.) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. JayB

Pa players

Count me in as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. JayB

The best shot of the round

Fathers day round. Left side fairway bunker 165 out. Redan-ish green with pin back left. Hit a high draw starting at the right side of the mouth the the green. Drew left nicely landing and rolling towards the back left pin up to about 12’. While not super close, it was Nirvana to hit the exact...
  11. JayB

3w vs 5w

Any thoughts on swing weight? The balance i have right now is good - smaller 5w head will be lighter i presume.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. JayB

3w vs 5w

Sounds like i have essentially made a TM version of a Heavenwood. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. JayB

3w vs 5w

Why tweak is a good question. My initial thought was to drop and TM M3 5w head onto the same shaft and see if there is any (minimal) gain in forgiveness or otherwise. I figured i would solicit opinions here before i buy even budget gear to tinker with.
  14. JayB

1st ever lesson didn’t go well

Try another coach. With your self-described poor swing mechanics, he should have had some low hanging fruit to work on with you with and give some specific teachable points and drills for you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. JayB

Going for the Green on Par 5's = Not Smart

Its always go time unless there is a substantial risk of penalty strokes from a miss. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in