Recent content by jcook10

1. jcook10

Have you played Erin Hills??

Thoughts? US Open expectations? Difficulty level? Etc? Personally, I thought the course and entire facility was outstanding. We played July 27th, 2016. Unbelievably hot and humid. 95F and 99% humidity. 2.5 hour fog delay and that had the course behind and led to our groups being slightly rushed...
  2. jcook10

Putter Fitting Advice

Hello Experts of THP, I was looking for some insight on a putter fitting. I was going to head to my local Club Champion for the SAMs lab fitting but was hoping for some advice here first. I believe i have a more straight down the line putting stroke rather than the slight open to close stroke...
  3. jcook10

Tips for someone that wants to be a walker!

Been awhile THPers, boss blocked sports related websites at work!!:at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end: But I require your assistance once again, recently we had a rain soaked weekend here in the Chicago area and the course I was playing at the time had cart path only in play. So they offered...
  4. jcook10

Heading back to Indy! (9/4-9/6)

Heading back to my favorite golf destination in the Midwest and maybe ever. Being from Chicago you have options but only some that are the perfect match of course quality with fair pricing. In Indy for some reason the course quality is amazing and the pricing makes me feel like I am stealing...
  5. jcook10

Your worst feeling on the course

What is everyone's worst feeling on the course? Mine is having someone waiting behind me because of slow play in front. I find myself just trying to get out of their way instead of worrying about my own game. I guess in simple terms I hate feeling rushed. I can handle crowds or guys giving me...
  6. jcook10

Standard lesson vs private instructor

Just wondering everyone's input into the success/failures they've experienced with lessons vs an individual private instructor. Ive been playing now for roughly 10 years and haven't had any professional assistance into my swing. Ive worked it to be able to play around a 3 handicap but have...
  7. jcook10

New Club Ideas.. Input Needed!

My fellow THP'ers I need your scholarly input on suggestions for an addition to my bag. I'm currently gaming a TM Burner 2.0 TP Hybrid the 3-18'. However it just goes too far. The face is so darn hot that it just comes off the face and flies forever. Its making a huge gap between my 4i and this...
  8. jcook10

WTB-Titleist MB Left Handed--- Small Chance but Trying

As the title says looking to get into blades and want to try out something used. Being cursed with the stance on the opposite side of the ball my options are limited. Anyone have any, know of any, clubs, heads, that they would be willing to part with? Thanks a million in advance. JC
  9. jcook10

Indy Area

Hello Everyone, Heading down to the Indy area next weekend. Have Purgatory, The Fort and The Brickyard Crossing on the roster. Any input on these courses (Past experiences, Tips, Etc.) or other gems to hit in the area would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch, JC
  10. jcook10

Club Champion Reviews

Ladies and Gentlemen, Just hoping to get some feedback regarding anyone's experience with Club Champion. I was talking to one of my friends in the PGAM program and he was telling me the prices are so steep due to the cost of obtaining and managing the equipment these fitting services use, which...
  11. jcook10

Shaft Wraps

Anyone have any experience with shaft wraps? Just got the Wilson Infinite Grant Park and want to throw a black wrap on it. I think it will help ease my eye into making consistent strokes. There is already a lot going on, on the head with all the lines (I'm ok with them). Also came across Super...
  12. jcook10

Shaft Fitting

Hey Everybody, Going to schedule a shaft fitting with Club Champion and was hoping for some feedback before the $$$ is spent. Would you suggest getting fit for the best shaft and club combo or preferably just the correct shaft? I understand there are differences in heads however I know most...
  13. jcook10

Possible Counterfeit?

Hello Everyone, New to the site and coming in with a request for help. I purchased a TM R1 TP at the end of last season. After playing it fine I was watching an episode of In Play with Jimmy Roberts on counterfeit clubs and started to feel insecure about my purchase (on eBay). One of my regular...
Back