Recent content by jdjanda

1. jdjanda

FS: True Temper Tour Issue S400 shafts

I have 7 True Temper Tour Issue S400 shafts with nearly new Golf Pride midsize New Decade grips. Shafts are in great shape with some wear of the stickers. I had these pulled from a set of irons I purchased new. Shaft lengths measured from the top of the grip to the end of the shaft are: 37...
  2. jdjanda

FS- TM Speedblade Irons w/ Dynamic Gold S400 shafts

For sale SpeedBlade irons 4 to AW with Dynamic Gold S400 tour shafts (132g) and DG Spinner shaft in the AW club. The clubs are +1/2" with almost new over sized Golf Pride New Decade Multi grips. They been played less than 10 times. Looking for $500 plus shipping in US open to trades for...
  3. jdjanda

GolfTec - Chicken or Egg

I’d like to get a professional fitting and move to Golf Bag V.2, but I also feel (know) I have a few flaws that need to be corrected, mostly with the driver. I am looking to improve contact and SS with the driver, currently play a fade mostly, and move to better irons with improved feedback so...
  4. jdjanda

What to focus on

Lately I've struggled off the tee, thanks to short game practice I've been able to keep from a complete blow up. Stats from OOB 28.2 handicap 103 scoring avg 36.7% Fairway 2.10 Putts 15% GIR Looks like hitting the dam green should be my focus. Hard to do with a bad shot off the green...
  5. jdjanda

When does your new swing become your swing

At what point did you realize you could no longer remember what your old swing felt like? A couple of weeks ago I was convinced that I had fallen back into my old swing, the “new” uncomfortable swing wasn’t there. A recent bad round further proved this in my mind. I went for a tune with the...
  6. jdjanda

Local Golf Shop

There is a small local golf store that recently relocated along my route to work in the morning. The shop has a great selection of clubs, and a decent accessory line up. Where possible I’ll try to support a local business, even paying a bit of a premium. I stopped in the new location to take...
  7. jdjanda

Old Ping Putter

My nephew has an old Ping, it is stamped "Karsten Mfg Corp" with the PO Box address and US Pat number at the top. Any help determining the age of the putter. No numbers are stamped on the bottom. Thanks
  8. jdjanda

Playing Solo

Do you talk to yourself when you are alone? So yesterday I went out and played solo for the first time. I played 9 with a random twosome, then solo for the remainder. I found myself making random comments to myself about my shots.
  9. jdjanda

Rule 13-3 Building Stance

According to the rules you are not allowed to build a stance, but there is not exception for shoes/shocks. Obviously common sense prevails most of the time with the rules of golf. Obviously I have some free time today... Rule - 13-3. Building Stance A player is entitled to place his feet...
  10. jdjanda

Leftovers

List your top and bottom 3 leftovers Top 3 1. Pizza - cold or heated it's all good, especially with a hang over 2. Mac N Cheese - better chewy the second time 3. BBQ Burgers - as long they are not lean and still have some juice left Bottom 3 1. French Fries - just cannot stomach them reheated...
  11. jdjanda

$20-25 Ball with Spin

I play a course with wide fairways, and extremely fast greens (9-10). Last time I played the course I used the e6 and killed it off the tee, but I lost a lot of strokes trying to hold the greens. Most of the greens are pitched toward the fairway, if you miss left or right it is a real...
  12. jdjanda

Demo Day

Yesterday morning I heading to Golf Smith for the big demo day :blob: Taylormade - My first stop of the morning as I knew it would be crowded later. I tested both the R11 and Superfast drivers. The R11 was a 7 to 8 (loved the sound and feel), the SF was my 10 for the day, long and straight...
  13. jdjanda

Antique Clubs

Anyone into collecting or playing hickory shaft clubs? I have a ~1910 4 Iron I'm going to take out to the range next week. Should be interesting to see if I can even hit the ball, gives an entirely new meaning to "blade"
  14. jdjanda

Cold balls in the Winter

None of us like playing with cold balls in the Winter months, well the solution is here at last Problem solved :D
  15. jdjanda

Strong Left

I am working on developing a stronger left grip with my 3W and Driver to help close the face at impact. I would like some input on a consistent grip setup. Is the strong grip setup by turning the entire left arm including the shoulder or more in the wrist/elbow? Do I start with my normal left...
Back