Recent content by jeffrey r

1. J

2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I suppose no surprise in general, but I am finding testing and fitting pretty important with the ST Max D. It is heavily draw biased. I am finding some shafts accentuate that, some shafts just don’t really work well, while some shafts provide a check against the draw bias and just work. For...
  2. J

First ‘round’ outside with my Rogue ST Max D this morning. 40s or so in NJ, but better than nothing. As a lefty, the ST Max D really takes the left side of the course out the equation. I brought a few shafts with me, Speeder 661, Rogue White 60, new stock Tensei 55. Speeder and Tensei were...
  3. J

Had a great session on the sim this morning with the ST Max D. I hit my Speeder 661 Evo VI, MMT 60 S, and Smoke im10 50 6.0. Started out with S/N on all, and was pleased with the results. No issue with launch at all at 9*, and hitting fades of varying degrees. Went to S/D, and that started...
  4. J

First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Gotcha—well, I can say that the stock Zipcores with DG Spinner were fantastic for me. I only switched to the Steelfibers because I could, and I figured why not match my irons while getting the benefits of graphite. But there was really no need from a performance or feel standpoint. Enjoy.
  5. J

Smoke im10 50 is a very nice shaft. I would consider it mid spin/mid launch. I have it in a 6.0 and used it for part of last season in my Epic Max. I’ll give it a go (along with a variety of shafts I have around) In my Rogue Max D once I can get outside on the range and on the course. Tensei...
  6. J

I can only say that anecdotally, when I ordered my custom Zipcores last fall from Discount Dan’s, I had them in hand within about 2 weeks. Not sure what the current timeline is. I got the Steelfiber i110 stiff SS 1X, and they are perfect. And I can echo some of the recent posts that these...
  7. J

A wise choice if I may say so. My favorite wedges ever. I played half of last season with the stock 54/58 Mid Zipcore with Spinner shaft, and then custom ordered the same with Steelfibers, and those will be in the bag again this coming season. So reliable and versatile. Enjoy.
  8. J

Took the first swings with my Rogue ST Max D driver yesterday. Unfortunately, only on an indoor sim, but it was better than nothing. I only had about an hour, and had some of my other drivers with me, plus hit regular iron shots, but I got some swings in with the Rogue. Very impressed based...
  9. J

This new beauty arrived today. Ordered it 3/4” short, D2-D3 SW. Showed up perfectly right between D2-D3 SW. I’ll give it a run with this new Tensei AV 55 S, but I have plenty of other Callaway shafts around like Rogue White 60, Smoke im10, Speeder, etc. Need the winter weather to cooperate...
  10. J

Agree. Plus, I found that the weight matters. With the im10 60, I found the 6.0 too stiff and ended up with the 5.5. With the im10 50, I could go with either the 5.5 or 6.0 but preferred the stability of the 6.0. Looking forward to trying these shafts and my other usual suspects in my...
  11. J

50% TRADE IN BONUS IS BACK ON CALLAWAY GOLF

I was fortunate to receive a code the other day. In the past, Callaway has always had disclaimers about how many clubs you can trade in relative to a purchase, and I’ve never had them stick to that disclaimer. In other words, I trade in two drivers and a fairway wood to offset a new driver...
  12. J

Well, I wasn't really in the market. Felt pretty good coming out of last season with a G425 Max, Epic Max and Sim Max D in contention. Alas, I got the 50% trade bonus e-mail today, so no doubt I will trade in a couple of clubs to cover the purchase of a Rogue ST Max or ST Max D. Will most...
  13. J

Driver Shaft Weight?

Generally been in the 60+ range, but I've been going more towards the 50's lately with success. While I feel the heavier shaft better, I think I get the driver around better with the slightly lighter shaft and square the club better. I've found this with my Epic Max and G425 Max (Alta CB 55S)...
  14. J

Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Of course, all of our games are different, but generally speaking, I have found the 9* Max head to be ideal for launch and spin. I did have the 10.5* head for a spell, but it launched too high and spun too much, so I sent it back to Callaway. If you want to bring launch and spin down, but...
  15. J

Do You Know Your Swing Weight

I invested like $50 in one of the budget Golfworks swing-weight scales a few years ago, and it has been a huge addition. I generally play my irons and woods D1-D3. With my irons, I play Steelfiber i110, which swing-weight quite low due to their balancing. I generally order stock, which comes...
Back