Recent content by jhd12

1. J

Newest Bridgestone E6 or E12 Contact - which is straighter?

If "straight" is what you are looking for, would you recommend the newest E6 or the E12 contact? Thank you.
  2. J

New Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball

The old E6 (original and for a few years thereafter) was the straightest ball I have ever played. And many players felt the same. Then Bridgestone changed the ball - the following generation(s) were no longer special. I'll be delighted if Bridgestone came to their senses and brought the old...
  3. J

Has anyone played (or is still playing) Bridgestone E-12 soft? Can you share your pros & cons? Thank you!

Has anyone played (or is still playing) Bridgestone E-12 soft? Can you share your pros & cons? Thank you very much!
  4. J

Recommend ball for long drive competition? Long & straight needed! Ball must be legal!!

All I need is long & straight. Don't care about workability, feel, sound, durability, spin, putting, etc. Just long & straight. Straight is important. To make it fair to the shorter hitters in the group, accuracy (distance from target line in fairway is heavily weighted) Example: 220 yard...
  5. J

2020 is now 1/2 over! What is the longest 2020 "soft" ball you have played?

2020 is now 1/2 over! What is the longest 2020 "soft" ball you have played? Thank you very much for sharing!!!
  6. J

After your knee replacement (forward leg) can you still swing as well as before surgery?

Looks like I can't put off knee replacement much longer. I am right handed, replacement will be left knee. Just wondering, after your knee replacement (forward leg) can you still swing as well as before surgery? Thank you.
  7. J

Hybrids - do you strike them with forward shaft lean like traditional irons? Or sweep them?

Hybrids - do you strike them with forward shaft lean like traditional irons? Or sweep them? Thank you!
  8. J

Anyone suggest a non-greasy sunscreen? I apply mine and my hands & grips get slippery. Thank you.

Anybody find a non-greasy sunscreen? I apply mine but my hands stay greasy/slippery which then makes my grips slippery. The simple fix would be to apply sunscreen, wash hands, and go play. But because the sunscreen is "water resistant" even washing after I apply does not remove all the...
  9. J

Anyone playing or ever demo/hit or know anything about Cobra F-Max Airspeed driver?

Anyone playing or ever demo/hit or know anything about Cobra F-Max Airspeed driver? At my local big box retailer I was told this is Cobra's most forgiving current driver - yet I can't find out much about it. Thank you.
  10. J

Alignment dot on driver not in center of the crown. Is this distracting to you?

It seems that on many drivers, the alignment dot or mark is not directly in the center of the crown where you would expect it to be. No doubt the designers and engineers know exactly where the sweet spot of their driver is - I am just curious if anyone else finds it distracting at address when...
  11. J

How much distance do you give up by hitting 3 wood vs. driver from tee?

I don't own a 3 wood but am considering buying one. My regular playing partner has "retired" his driver and is now scoring better than ever. He was 230 - 240 off the tee but extremely erratic. About every 4th drive might find the fairway. One way left, one way right, next one out of bounds, and...
  12. J

Golf hat question - can you help?

Everyone I play with says I look like Donald Duck with my golf hat on. My head or my forehead or my face - something - just doesn't match up well with a traditional golf cap - the bill of the cap looks a mile long! Anyone know of a traditional golf hat with a bit shorter bill? Thank you...
  13. J

Callaway Supersoft or Wilson Staff Duo Soft+?

Callaway Supersoft or Wilson Staff Duo Soft+? And why? Thank you!
  14. J

If you can't find the fairway with this driver it may be time to consider another sport!

If you can't find the fairway with this driver it may be time to consider another sport! What driver do you nominate?
  15. J

Do you prefer a shallow face driver or a deep (tall) face driver?

Do you prefer a shallow face driver or a deep (tall) face driver? Is it just "looks" or is it better performance for your swing/game? Thank you!
Back