Recent content by jimithing

1. J

Best Italian Dish?

Indeed Italian food, or the American interpretation of Italian food. The 2 have little in common. For the great food I have eaten in Italy I typically don’t have a name for it. In some cases I doubt the chef had a name for it other then mentioning the main ingredients. 2 stand out: crayfish...
  2. J

New guy from the Netherlands checking in

Welcome here. Used to live in Bergschenhoek and played your course quite a couple of times. Hole 2 can be brutal if they bring the greens to tournament speed. Hole 12 TEE shot not a favorite either. Nice course, I enjoyed Bentwoud slightly better for a test if golf. Nice to read about your side...
  3. J

Seinfeld

Puddy as Elaine’s boyfriend (that’s right) is classic. Love the show. Used to be our go to in the office at lunch time.
  4. J

PXG 0811 X Proto Driver

I play mine at 7.5, weight forward. Low spin, good launch and it surely is very controllable still.
  5. J

TESTED! Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

May I ask your driver CHS? I believe Bridgestone sets the cut at 105mph to move from b x to brx correct? What is your course play experience with the brx? Enough stopping power on the irons into the green?
  6. J

Bombs on the LPGA

Fellow dutchie Anne van Dam hits it a mile as well. I followed her for a round where she hardly hit driver. I assume because it put her in places where she didn’t want to be. Hitting a lot of driving irons similar distance as the other ladies with driver. But since they are so accurate with...
  7. J

Could You Go Side Saddle?

It’s funny reading through the comments. To each his own off course. But I haven’t seen a single reason which let make traditional putting more sense as side saddling. to not want to switch I can comprehend. To Indicate that the method is inferior I can not comprehend. Certainly without having...
  8. J

Surely it is not illegal. All I can think of is, given there is no history of the sport. Somebody entirely new to the concept of putting. Would he place him self facing the target or have it beside him. Think of a free throw, bowling, darts.
  9. J

Yes absolutely. Actually to me this appears the most natural, athletically sound way to stroke a ball with precision. No need for power just accuracy. Added bonus 1: not having to coordinate that precision in two arms, a true back and forth motion from 1 hinging point. Bonus 2, no more getting...
  10. J

What loft is your driver?

Lifted down to 7.5
  11. J

PXG 0811 X Proto Driver

The pxg woods are working out really well for me. I’m picking up almost 15 yards on the driver. Weight forward, 7.5 degrees loft and 1.5 degree flat lie and my drives are flying beautifully and long. it took me a round or 2 to trust I could really go after it without pulling it left. 3h, lofted...
  12. J

WTB Bobby Grace F-22 putter

Hi! I want to start side saddle putting and am looking for a Bobby Grace F-22 putter to do so. Please, Let me know in a pm what you have. Thanks Paul
  13. J

Looking For Alternative Iron Shafts Other Than UST Mamiya Recoils

My experience is that with the steelfibers getting into the right weight is almost more important as the flex. They run on the firm side for the stated flex. Combine that with a weight that does not suit you and you have a hard time swinging them. And they just feel very stout. ti My surprise...
  14. J

PXG 0811 X Proto Driver

Received my x Proto, 3w and 3h Tuesday and took m for a spin Yesterday. Driver was awesome, extra lengt, great sound outdoors. Heavy weight toe side to compensate for left worked great. Put it up front couple swings and snap hooked m. Weight system has quite an impact. I hit the 3w the best...
  15. J

Callaway Mac daddy forged R grind wedge. What compares?

Hi hackers. I currently play Callaway Mac daddy forged wedges which I really enjoy. Getting replacements for them is getting more and more difficult. Therefore looking for wedges with fairly similar bounce and grind. Open to any brand really. Thanks for your help!
Back