Recent content by JimmyOhio

1. JimmyOhio

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

I recently had the opportunity to play TPC Sawgrass. The airline lost my clubs and I had to use rental clubs. I played very well that day and shot a 91 (tough track). I don't think I would have played much better if I had my own fitted clubs. Maybe would have been 1-2 strokes better. For not...
  2. JimmyOhio

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

I have had the Launcher XL Hy-Wood for a little over 2 years now. I love it. It has been in the bag longer than any club I have. (Sad, I know). It is literally point and shoot from 200-215 yards. My only gripe is that the regular flex shaft is a little whippy. I should have bought the stiff...
  3. JimmyOhio

What are your wedges of choice?

What's the difference between the snakebite and the "X"?
  4. JimmyOhio

Anyone have experience with Fujikura Pro 95 graphite iron shafts?

That's the kind of feedback I was hoping to hear. I just bought these shafts to replace the steel in my Mizuno JPX923 heads. I broke my wrist back in August and I need something a little gentler on the joints. I am 55 years old. Not getting any younger.
  5. JimmyOhio

Trouble hitting full wedge.. 100-115 yards! 🤷‍♂️

My PW is 42 degrees. I usually hit it around 115-125 yds. I need to play around with 3/4 swings and see if I can limit the distance to 100 yds. Thanks.
  6. JimmyOhio

Anyone playing the new Callaway CB wedges?
  7. JimmyOhio

Never heard of Edel and Edison. Someone give me an education.
  8. JimmyOhio

Trouble hitting full wedge.. 100-115 yards! 🤷‍♂️

There is a strange phenomenon going on with my golf game this season. I cannot seem to hit a full wedge shot the correct distance and accurately. When I have a shot into the green between 100-115 yards it's like I forgot how to swing the club. I am using a Cleveland CBX 2 50 degree wedge and I...
  9. JimmyOhio

Wow, quite a wide variety. I was expecting 90% of the answers to be Cleveland and Vokey.
  10. JimmyOhio

Just curious what everyone out there is playing.
  11. JimmyOhio

Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Putting graphite shafts in my JPX923 irons. Pondering Fujikura Pro 95 shafts based on a recommendation. Thoughts?
  12. JimmyOhio

Anyone have experience with Fujikura Pro 95 graphite iron shafts?

Anyone? Are they a solid shaft? Would love some feedback. 🙂
  13. JimmyOhio

Mizuno JPX923 Irons

Anybody using Fujikura Pro 95 shafts in their Mizunos?
  14. JimmyOhio

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

My Hy-wood is the club that has been in my bag the longest. Given my penchant for trying new stuff, this is saying a lot!!
Back