Recent content by jints07

1. jints07

Which Describes You?

Love the feel of the game when carrying but generally push to save the back some wear and tear. I avoid carts as much as possible and have never tried any of the newer alternatives. Overall 75% push, 20% carry, 5% cart if I had to guess.
  2. jints07

How long does it take you to finish 18 holes of golf?

First out on our regular 6450 course, our foursome generally finishes between 3:15-3:30.
  3. jints07

Proper golf etiquette - a question

Definitely should have waited. Given the circumstances (a twosome behind a foursome), you were going to wait at the next hole, and hole after, etc. Why "rush" THIS particular shot knowing you would be right behind them on the next hole anyway.
  4. jints07

Price Rise After Launch?

Would be a terrible look and marketing strategy. Clubs are released with fanfare on social media/marketing blitzes with a distinct emphasis on influencers who do reviews and always cover pricing. To have that blitz occur with a stated price and then turn around and raise said price would be...
  5. jints07

What is the primary reason for slow play?

Write in: Having no idea or courtesy of how to keep moving along and in my experience skill level has zero to do with pace of play Pace of play problems arise from lazy people sitting in the cart watching their cart mate take their shot and then driving to their own ball 25 yards away They...
  6. jints07

Do Dress Codes Bother You?

Yeah that's fair, and again a rule is a rule, I get that. And if you know the rule either follow it or don't go there, can't argue with that as I mentioned in my 3rd bullet. What I am really speaking to is exactly what you mentioned... why do the silly rules get created in the first place...
  7. jints07

Do Dress Codes Bother You?

1. Would never play a course that requires pants 2. Would never join a course that prohibits golf attire in the clubhouse (absurd to have to change to have a parting beer). 3. Would always abide by the rules anywhere I do end up going because you know them going in 4. Most importantly... it's...
  8. jints07

TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

I'm jealous of all of you that somehow managed to actually take delivery of any of these. The ordering has been an utter nightmare. First I ordered the P770s through Dick's online (which is really just fulfilled by TaylorMade) several weeks ago and was quoted 10/25 delivery which has now been...
  9. jints07

Kirkland Signature Wedges

Not me cup of tea, but they bring more value to the golfing world than a $250 putter headcover.
  10. jints07

Tiger Woods on the Distance Debate

Yes they should change everything because a guy is using athleticism and skill to hit it far. And then when a player comes along that just hits it too darn straight, we'll need to address that. And boy oh boy, one day someone will come along and putt like we have never seen and we'll probably...
  11. jints07

Music on the course, yeah or nay?

If the person is in my group and asks, don't really care. If it is another group that is just rudely playing music that other groups can hear, then it is infuriating for simple lack of respect.
  12. jints07

SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Smartwatch

Does it also allow you to track Fairways and bunkers in the scorecard functionality?
  13. jints07

Is club forgiveness the new snake oil?

I think there is definitely a diminishing returns the better the player is at ball striking. I.e. cavity back irons are designed to get weight away from the center and out to the perimeter so that off centered hits are punished less than would be the case with, for example, true blades. The...
  14. jints07

Recommendations for new golf shoe?

Watching this thread. I am exclusively a dew sweeper and I have yet to find a pair of "waterproof" shoes that stay truly waterproof after a month or two. Even with waterproofing spray. They've got to be out there so I'm as curious as the OP.
  15. jints07

Winner on Tour Used Iron Covers

Oh no!! Next thing you know people will be covering fairway woods, hybrids, and... wait for it... alignment sticks. You know, the other clubs and things that touch the ground. Chaos will ensue, and some that do that will even go online...while their fairway woods and hybrids are snuggling...
Back