Recent content by jlaakso

1. jlaakso

What golf stuff did you buy today?

HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 stiff shaft for my F8 5-6fwy. I've been so pleased with that shaft in my driver so I have to try it out in FW as well.
  2. jlaakso

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Cobra Big Tour FW caught my attention. 13% bigger head volume than in my F8 5-6FWY, high launch low spin head. This would mean I would need to kick something out. AS good as the Utility is, it's quite redundant with 5-6fwy and 4h distance wise. Also, my driving distances have been creeping up...
  3. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

Shot 47/53: 100 in a semi-difficult course in windy conditions. Shot +3 vs my playing handicap. Pretty satisfied, although lot of poofie shots. Still, sun was shining, it was relatively warm and we had good time. Driving was the highlight, approaches so-so and putting was off. Not dissappointed.
  4. jlaakso

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Thinking about large 3w with tall face for tee club. Not sure what, I've always looked for shallow faced FWs, feel more confident with them of the deck.
  5. jlaakso

5-Wood vs 3-Hy - Which and Why?

I have both in one club :) 5w head in a shorter shaft. Plays like hybrid but forgives like FW. So added forgiveness of the larger head and easier to hit because of shorter shaft.
  6. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

Played a niner today. Horrendous 58. Nothing really worked. Neither did for my usual playing partner. One of those days. We still had fun laughing out the mishits and poofies. I had few really great irons shots. Still, it was golf, better than being home listening kids whining :D
  7. jlaakso

Most Changed Club in Your Bag?

For the last 6 months it has been irons, now on set #4. But I have found what I'm looking for and I'm trying to stick with them.
  8. jlaakso

Hit into from behind! How do you respond?

We have a custom to tee it up and leave it there. Usually the the group behind gets the point and there is no 2nd. There is golfers who take the ball with them, but I feel that to be too provocative.
  9. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

Would you be willing to test this kind of setup: That would be something like 3w, 4-5h, 7i, Pw, Sw and putter. I'm thinking to test drive this in Cally Hyper Lite 1+ which weighs next to nothing.
  10. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

Shot 49/44: 93 today, -4 against my playing HCP. Driving nor approaching was nothing outstanding, mainly stable or mediocre. Short game saved a lot, lot of chips to 3' from flag and total of 28 putts. So it seems that I am stabilizing to low nineties at the moment, effortless bogey golf.
  11. jlaakso

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Rebought Cobra King Utility 2-3. I got seller's remorse and informed the buyer that if he decides to get rid of it, I will but it back. And so I did.
  12. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

Exactly. When I got the timing right, I was able add forces to moves and club to increase clubhead speed, gradually. This is so easy way to learn the swing, compared to positions and focus points. It's by no means the whole swing, but getting these basics right first, inclunding feel of impact...
  13. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

I learned timing and sequencing only by holding a club and trying swing it with my legs pushing my hips back. Right hip back on backswing and left hip back on downswing. that on a continuous back and forth move like 20 reps. after you get that, add swing length with upper body and arms.
  14. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

I tried to learn by that book as well. First symptoms were severe stiffness in all my upper body muscles and neck. During next weeks, as my upper body lost most of its flexibility, my lower back started to ache severely as it had to compensate. I urge every one to listen to their body and...
  15. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

You are still able to push your hips towards the ball while trying to keep your head down. And also break your neck and lower lumbar spine trying to keep head and lower body still. Instead, concentrate on getting your hips out of the way. Check few Mike Malaska videos re hip movement. Then you...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in