Recent content by JMN57

1. J

Iowa St. Golfer murdered

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/24717884/man-charged-first-degree-murder-death-iowa-state-golfer-celia-barquin-arozamena This is absolutely senseless
  2. J

DFW Golf Course question

I'm setting up a round of golf in the DFW area for business and trying to figure out a good course to play. I'm thinking that TPC Las Colinas is probably the best bet. I can stay at the Four Seasons and we can golf there. Only problem is the other person's office is in Ft. Worth so Las...
  3. J

Who needs driver on a par 5?

This year I haven't had time to go golfing as much as I'd like or normally would do. As a result, driver off the tee is way too inconsistent. I've played too many rounds where I've had some good drives but also too many cr***y ones. I know for me (and I think for others) it's a pretty...
  4. J

Off the tee yips

Haven't played my normal amount this year - maybe 15 rounds so far - and I have developed "off the tee yips" and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to fix it. Background: I'm fine off the range - good tempo, nice full finish and carry (for me) nice and long (240-260 or so)...
  5. J

Grip weight --> Swingweight Is it a problem?

I need to regrip and am thinking of moving froma Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize to an Oversized Lamkin grip. Generally, I wouldn't think a lot about the difference in weight between one grip and the next but the GPTV midsize weighs in at 53.5 grams while the Lamkin (REL ACE 3Gen) weigh in at...
  6. J

Topgolf Hole-in-one stats

Somewhat interesting and amusing stats on HIO's @ Topgolf https://topgolf.com/blog/post/the-lucky-hole-in-one/?utm_campaign=wkly_Topgolf_Week6_051917_Gmail&utm_medium=email&utm_source=responsys
  7. J

What kind of golfer are you relative to competition?

Reading a lot of these threads, it's clear that we don't all relate to golf/competition in the same way. I'm curious to know what the profile of THP'ers are relative to competition.
  8. J

Major Tom to launch control

I'm pretty good at trajectory but this would be pretty lucky in my book. Can you do this?
  9. J

Foot question (ugh, I know)

Does anyone have a problem with "damaging" your toe nails when golfing? Let me explain. For years I'd golf once in a while, wore golf shoes and no problem. But when I started to golf (and practice) a lot more, I've found that I'd get a couple of toe nails that would really take a beating on...
  10. J

Orlando resort/course in mid February?

Looks like I have to be in Orlando for a conference in mid-February. It's at the Gaylord but that looks to be sold out. So, I'm looking for another place to stay and, in my perfect world, it would have a golf course so I could sneak in a round (or if I'm lucky two). So, looking for...
  11. J

Par 5 Strategy: Lay-up vs. get close

The "Go For It" question/thread got me to wondering what strategy/approach people favor in Par 5's. Clearly, if there is big danger (water, particularly) that comes into play hitting close to the green, laying up makes a lot of sense. But, for holes where there's not a lot of risk hitting to...
  12. J

Poll: Driver Accuracy/Strategy

This is a multi-faceted question but I was wondering how you view your accuracy with driver and what you will take on with it.
  13. J

Adams XTD driver weights

I grabbed what I thought was my M2 but was Adams XTD with a cut-down shaft yesterday with the M2 headcover on it when I left my country house a couple of days ago. When I got to the city I realized my mistake and put some lead tape on it to get it to a reasonable weight (C10/D1). Played a...
  14. J

How many rounds of golf have you played in your life?

Since I got GameGolf last June, I've played 79 rounds of golf. Most 18, some 9's and some 27/36. I've clearly played more in the last year than any year of my life (I'm 58) and I started to estimate how many rounds I've played in my life. My estimate would be 40 rounds between 10-16 (when I...
  15. J

He shoots! He scores! (Hole-in-one!)

Played 27 today and on the last hole (#18, 160 yard par-3 downhill with water just behind the green) aced it with a Chromesoft yellow/black Truvis. 7-iron choked up. Tracked right at the pin and disappeared. Afraid it took a big hop into the water but when I went to the cup, there it was...
Back