Recent content by joeimp

1. J

Anyone have experience using playprivategolfclubs.com?

I'm starting to think about joining a club and doing my research for different clubs in my area. I came across a website called https://playprivategolfclubs.com/. It seems you're basically paying for a PGA Pro to set tee times for you at private courses: We also service public golfers who may...
  2. J

Playing 36

I see some older threads on this, so I thought I'd resurrect the topic. In July a friend and I were on Oahu for a work-cation. I'd never played Turtle Bay before so we planned a day trip. If you're not familiar with Oahu, Turtle Bay is about an hour from Waikiki on the far northwest corner of...
  3. J

WTB: Cobra forged SS 4 iron

I'm looking for a Cobra forged SS 4 iron to round out my set. Stiff flex S300. I live in NorCal and might be able to meet you.
  4. J

Poor man's Pro-V

I'm pretty happy with the Pinnacle Soft and they're the right price. I know they're made my Titleist and in fact they have the same address on the box. Can anyone substantiate (or quash) the rumor that they're made in the same facility and basically a rebranded Pro-V1?
  5. J

Greetings Amador golfers (if there are any)

Hi folks, I'm new to THP. I live in Amador County. If you know CA gold country at all you know that Amador has a lot to love but the golf options are not one of them! We have many courses in the three counties surrounding us but Castle Oaks in Ione is our only local spot. Mace Meadows in...
  6. J

Mace Meadows reopening?

Mace Meadows in Pioneer, CA closed in 2015. It is scheduled to reopen sometime this year. Sacramento Bee had this to say in April: Mace Meadow, closed since October, is under new ownership and scheduled to reopen July 4. Why the closure? “They tried to fertilize the greens but killed them...
Back