Recent content by JonMA1

1. JonMA1

What Are You Working On?

Been trying to mix up the practice this year. In the past there was always a disproportionate amount of effort towards irons. So far there’s been more driver and short game practicing thrown in so far in 2024. Unfortunately, whatever gains I make with one area I lose in another. My iron game...
  2. JonMA1

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

2:05 hrs in a cart, 2:15 hrs walking, both rounds as a single on my short home course.
  3. JonMA1

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

The best example I can think of would be for me to be gaming older players clubs or blades. Getting fitted for an SGI or GI set might be a tremendous upgrade. Newer driver tech might be an upgrade over a 15 year old driver. I could get a cheap set of off-the-rack clubs from a box store or...
  4. JonMA1

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

I've had a few fittings and none have had a positive difference over making decisions on my own. For me, the return on investment only exists when 1) equipment is a bigger issue than ability (probably never going to be a thing), and/or 2) the current equipment being replaced is just a really...
  5. JonMA1

Swing speed from iron to iron.

9i: 68 8i: 73 7i: 74 6i: 76 It’s really all over the place from one practice session to another, but this is the best I can do without compiling all the data to get the true averages. The only useful information the LM offers is I’m very inconsistent from the start of the session to the...
  6. JonMA1

Feel vs Real

Same as most everyone, I have no grasp on reality. Lol. But I no longer care and years of video has been counterproductive. If I can’t develop good habits to the point where they happen without me thinking about, positions will always be just another rabbit hole to waste years of practice time...
  7. JonMA1

Lou Stagner is a good follow

Oh, I said 2 clubs, but the putter is the 3rd and makes my short game stats look better than they should. The nice thing about the short game is that most can practice a good deal of shots without going to the course or range. And like you described, getting a feel for where to land your shot...
  8. JonMA1

Shot my best round ever this morning.

That’s a nice round of golf. Congrats!
  9. JonMA1

Lou Stagner is a good follow

I do not follow Lou but this makes sense to me. As a high capper, I’m using 2 wedges on 90% of my short game shots. The reason is because I don’t have the versatility that a better player has. The biggest determining factor between the 2 clubs is almost always the run. That said, my short game...
  10. JonMA1

Hardest transition to make going from indoors to outdoors.

Agree with the OP. Stance and address are very easy indoors because how I have the mat set up. Lots of straight edges to align by. Second to that is my weight shift is better indoors. Not sure why that is but it’s very different. Combine those two things with the perfect lies and I’m easily...
  11. JonMA1

Do You Trust Sponsored Reviewers?

If I don’t know someone personally, no.
  12. JonMA1

What would you shoot at Augusta?

I wonder if the slope and rating are for tournament conditions though. If I played the forward tees I wouldn’t break 100. I see the pros and the best collegiate women struggle with putting. And here’s the thing - more than any other famous course in the world, given the chance to play...
  13. JonMA1

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedges

I've played 2 rounds and spent several hours of practice trying to get used to my 52° RTX. I've hit mostly usable shots and some really good shots with it, but I just lack the confidence of making good contact that I get from the CBX line. Am I wrong in considering that I don't have the game...
  14. JonMA1

The best shot of the round

Toughest hole for me on my home course. I hit a 3h off the tee so well that it made it to the end of the fairway leaving a tree between my ball the green 160 yards away. The smart decision would have been to lay up but since there is so much room right of this green, I decided to try and draw...
  15. JonMA1

The 60 and over Thread

51/50 100 (33.9 diff). Rough round today but oddly enough, I was fine with it. I'd been keeping AI Smoke driver in play since changing shafts - until today. Contact was all over the face... skied a couple but most of the misses were pulls. There wasn't any part of my game that was very good...
Back