Recent content by Joshzilla

1. Joshzilla

FS: Ping i20 4-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Up for sale is a set of i20 irons (black dot) with factory installed True Temper Dynamic Gold s300 shafts. Loft, length and lie are Ping standard. These were well cared for and used less than 6 months. Asking for $600 plus $20 shipping. [FONT=arial] [FONT=arial] [FONT=arial] [FONT=arial]...
  2. Joshzilla

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I don't get it. i hit tiny little club heads better than GI or SGI heads. Simply put, I hit the GI and SGI heads fat and small heads pure. Currently I play i20 irons and frankly I was 100% better with AP2 irons. Just the other day I hit a smattering of clubs and had the following success...
  3. Joshzilla

Shaft logic throughout the bag

Okay, so I know that you hit the woods differently than the irons but do you think there is a general trend regarding launch needs and spin throughout the bag? With my woods, I am finding a lot of success with shafts that get the ball up in the air a bit in the mid-launch range. I'm pretty...
  4. Joshzilla

Taco Bell Grillers

I love me some Taco Bell, but man oh man these things are terrible. You have been warned!
  5. Joshzilla

UST Mamiya AXIVcore Black Tour hybrid shaft

Well I took the plunge and put an Axivcore Tour Black shaft in my Nike 21* VRS. To say that I am thrilled with the results would be an understatement. The shaft has a great weight to it and it feels nice and smooth. Launch was exactly what I was looking for. The ball launched nice and high...
  6. Joshzilla

Question about a drill

A while back, the Pro at my local course suggested that I do a drill to slow part of my body down. Problem is, I don't know if I was slowing down my hips or my shoulders. I will try to explain the drill... Imagine you are on the range. The 300 yard flag is straight ahead of you and the...
  7. Joshzilla

Set-up at address...to Reverse-K or not to Reverse-K

Thanks to THP and GolfTEC for making this available! As the title indicates, I'm curious about set-up at address. Lots of instructors want you to set up in a Reverse-K, the easiest to point at is Michael Breed of the GolfFix. Looking at pro's, it seems like some do it and some don't. I have...
  8. Joshzilla

Tempo on full shots

Anyone have some good tempo tips/drills? I have found that I am great with 3/4 wedge shots. My tempo is nice and smooth with that shot. Once I have a club in my hand that I am going for a full shot with, I have a tendency to get way too quick! I don't quite even finish my backswing sometimes...
  9. Joshzilla

So I have a hard time taking Chuck Evans seriously....

...because he looks so much like Dobby from Harry Potter.
  10. Joshzilla

Question about Xbox 360 hook-ups...

So I just got a new surround sound system. I would like to hook up the 360 using HDMI...but...my system is pretty ancient and I have up until now been using the component cables w/ optical audio. Web searches are confusing the bejeezus outta me. Anybody know if it's possible?
  11. Joshzilla

Lie angles confuse me to no end.

I am currently playing Titleist 710 AP2 3-PW with 2* flat lie angles (was fitted for this). In the next week or so, I plan to custom order some Ping i20 4-PW. Now I have totally confused myself as to what I need regarding lie angle. Here are the Titleist lie angles: Club Loft Lie Angle...
  12. Joshzilla

Hank Haney's Essentials of the Swing: A 7-Point Plan for Building a Better Swing...

I am considering buying this (via iPad's Kindle app). Everything I've read about it sounds great. Anyone here read it? Thoughts on it? Also on my golf book wish list... A Swing For Life - Nick Faldo Build the Swing of a Lifetime - Mike Bender How I Play Golf - Tiger Woods
  13. Joshzilla

Loft: Hybrids vs Irons

Will a hybrid typically hit farther than an iron if both are the same loft? I would guess yes because the hybrid shafts are typically longer. I am getting new irons and am not sure what effect it will have on my hybrid/wood setup.
  14. Joshzilla

Shaft performance

When I purchased my irons, I was fitted for them using the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. I really love the feel of the KBS Tour shafts, but my distances don't always make sense to me (and yes I am considering solid strikes and not mishits). It seems that as I get into longer irons, I see less...
  15. Joshzilla

Results from demo day in East TN

I attended a demo day over the weekend and was mostly on a mission to find a new driver and test the i20 irons, and here are a few things I tried... ...I should preface this by saying that I am fighting a lack of extension with my right arm in my swing, which is giving me a bad case of the...
Back