Recent content by JR

1. JR

The Official Banter Away Thread

I rewatched the 2019 Masters this evening and was reminded of the beauty and tenacity of the human spirit. That seems valuable in these times.
  2. JR

Low Ball or High Ball Hitter?

Quite low, with every club. I doubt my 60* wedges launch more than 30 degrees.
  3. JR

The What Is for Dinner "Covid-19" Edition

I made a brisket.
  4. JR

The What Is for Dinner "Covid-19" Edition

Pantry pasta.
  5. JR

Nashville Hot Chicken

The best I've ever had is Eugene's in Birmingham. Hattie B's is pretty good too though. Here's a half bird from Eugene's:
  6. JR

A Throwback: Nickent Tour Prototype

I didn't know they made putters! I gamed one of their hybrids until it had an unfortunate encounter with a tree root. This one looks nice. I like this shape a lot, and it's done well here.
  7. JR

Documentaries

The best I've ever seen is The Barkley Marathons. It's not overly close.
  8. JR

The THP Range/Practice Thread

In fairness to the old club, it gave me better numbers than about 90% of the market when I bagged it.
  9. JR

The Official Banter Away Thread

Started sipping on wine about 8 hours ago. Not sure why everything's getting a little spinny, but I'm assuming I ate a funny whelk...
  10. JR

WTB Stock Callaway X-22 8 Iron

Hey mods, slap a lock on this one.
  11. JR

WTB Stock Callaway X-22 8 Iron

In fairness, the last time I played was 2013, hahaha. Couldn't afford to replace it then. Getting back into golf after a long hiatus.
  12. JR

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Just got back from my first real post-hiatus range session. Boy howdy, them golf muscles don't wake up very fast... Still, wasn't as bad as I expected, hit some good short irons, and my distances, while very short, were at least consistent. As a side note, my new F9 came in. Prior to that, I'd...
  13. JR

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Got it for 210 shipped! It comes in today and I'm taking it out to the range this evening.
  14. JR

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Bettinardi Queen B #5
Back