Recent content by jrshields3

1. jrshields3

Voice Caddie SC300i Launch Monitor

I have the 300 and I am not impressed with it at all. I am hoping this one will be more consistent and accurate at the price. Also, hope I can trade in the 300 for this one at some value.
  2. jrshields3

CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip, Fitting and More

Out of all the Callaway irons, my favorites were the Apex CF16 series. They were built for a player who has good skill but wants the forgiveness of a game improvement iron. I tested them and unfortunately went a different direction but always thought they were a great set.
  3. jrshields3

ANNOUNCEMENT Mystery Grab Bags Return for Albatross Club Members

This is an awesome giveaway. Looking forward to it!
  4. jrshields3

Tour Event Contest: 2020 The Memorial Tournament Sponsored by Golf Pride

I am going with Justin Thomas and 8/10
  5. jrshields3

CONTEST The Grandmama: Win A Full Bag Of Callaway Equipment, A Trip and More

I've played the ProV1x for the last 7 years because I thought it was the ball designed for those with high spin tendencies. I have been happy with that ball and thought it was the correct one. But I did notice it tended to balloon on approach shots into the green. I tried the Vice Pro Plus and...
  6. jrshields3

What is a “year’s supply” of golf balls?

I would say it depends on your handicap, the courses you play (water and forced carries) as well as how long you like to use a ball if you don't lose them. I play 2-3 courses regularly and play about 50-60 rounds/ year and I would say 6-8 dozen.
  7. jrshields3

Hello from Sacramento

Hey all, Posting here and checking out the site. I have been playing golf for 15 years and have become slightly obsessed with equipment info. Play to a 7 handicap index and play all over No CA as I travel for my job. Would love to hook and play sometime in No CA. Happy to be here. Jim
Back