Recent content by JuKu

1. J

Chances of holing a full shot

One way to look at it: From 50m out or more, getting inside 2m is skills (or luck), closer is just luck added to it. Yes, I'm a geek, I did the math:), and the results are in: You can fit about 7790 balls inside 2m radius circle, of which maybe 20-30 would go in (accounting roll). So, keep...
  2. J

What time of day do you play your best?

I notice that at most clubs, morning tee times are the most popular. Is this for personal logistics reasons (the rest of the day is free) or do you play better in the morning? Personally I hate playing early in the morning. Be it playing golf, exercising or physical work, my body just doesn't...
  3. J

How would you play this hole? Bridgestone Championship @ TPC Las Vegas

Since you asked how I would play this, not what would be the best strategy: 1: Drive to the rough in front of the tee. "Darn, I should have warmed up better. Ok, just a shot, I can recover with a hybrid." 2: "Or maybe not. At least I got out. I think I can get it on the green from here." 3...
  4. J

Does all grass break the same?

We have a green with (say) poa grass and another with (say) bermuda grass. Both greens are of the same speed and same incline. Will putts break the same?
  5. J

How that shot should have been hit?

On a par 3, I hit my shot to greenside bunker, less than 10 inches from the far side lip. So, I had to hit more or less straight down to hit it. I could have hit away from the green, which would give a flop shot over the bunker from deep(ish) rough. I could have hit it back towards the tee...
  6. J

Swing path constant, face angle all over

This winter I have been playing in a simulator much more than previously. The machine tells me that my swing path is relatively constant (it doesn't give me a number, but tells the same thing almost every time). However, my face angle is all over the place, up to plus or minus 10 degrees(!)...
  7. J

My takeaway from the big demo day

I went to a local club with big (in local terms) demo day. I hit: - Apex irons. Better than my Fusions, but not that much $$ better (see below). - Big Bertha drivers: Not for me - X hot2 driver: The rep fitted one for me, 9.5 deg, stiff, and got almost as good results as my D910. - X hot2 woods...
  8. J

Recommendations for courses in Göteborg, Sweden?

Hi, My wife has a course (the type where she learns something, pun not intended) in Goteborg in late May, and there is no program on that on the afternoons and evenings. I'm going with her for a short semi-vacation (full vacation for me!), and need something to do for the mornings. So, I'm...
Back