Recent content by Jumpalot

1. J

More then 2 weights in JPX 850 driver???

I have a couple extra weights and was thinking about adding one (8 grams) more for swing weight purposes then anything. I play my driver at 43" because I'm short and I've experimented a lot with driver length. But, I'm curious to know the side effects. I currently play my weights in the...
  2. J

Why No Love For the Mizuno JPX-850 Driver

I've been playing the Bio Cell + now for about a year and have loved it. Struggle with too much spin and this was the first driver that got me below 3000 rpm. Had a chance to demo the new Mizuno and can't believe it. I put the weights in the heel and toe, which is supposed to be the...
  3. J

How to acheive higher launch w/same or lower spin

Let's say you launch the ball at 14* with 2500-2700 spin. If you wanted to get a little higher launch without increasing spin too much, would you be better add loft on the driver head and go with a low launch/low spin shaft. Or drop loft of driver head and add a higher launching shaft...
  4. J

Kusala Blue and Indigo Question

Have a Bio Cell + with a Red Tie in it. I like the shaft but don't love it. I am hitting this combo better then any other combo I've ever hit though. I'd like to keep launch close to the same but a touch higher wouldn't bother me. Main goal is to try to drop a little spin. I've heard great...
  5. J

Need Arthur Extreme Shaft Help Please

I currently play an Xcaliber 6 stiff in a 10.5 driver. Launch it 15* with 3100 spin, SS is 95-102. I'm quick with my tempo but I'm working on it. I'd like to bring down launch a little and bring down spin a lot. I'm looking at trying the Tour 6+. I've heard they play stiff to flex. So...
  6. J

New Iron Shafts????

I'm playing the Taylormade Burners Plus irons with the Superfast 85 gram shafts in stiff flex. I'm hitting them well except my distances aren't very consistent. I'd like to stick with a lighter shaft maybe up to 115 grams and I'd like to not break the bank. If I could bring down trajectory a...
  7. J

Lighter Driver Heads and Loading the shaft????

I just picked up a Superfast driver and want to put a new shaft in it. I've always played a stiff shaft at 44". My SS is 100 mph. I was just wondering if the lighter driver heads load shafts differently. I'm looking at the Harrison Saga shaft to keep this experiment cheap, but I'm not sure if...
  8. J

Ready to Quit!!

About four years ago was shooting in the low 80's on a good day and mid-high 80's on a bad day. Pretty upright swing, more arms than body. My miss was a bad pull left that would get me in trouble and end up costing me a couple strokes per side. Being a coach my whole life i know athletes can...
Back