Recent content by Kay-Dee

1. Kay-Dee

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max Putter Review

First time using. Transition is easy.
  2. Kay-Dee

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max Putter Review

I got my Mezz Max broomstick in cappuccino about a month ago. I’m 6’2” and ordered 47” length. The best way to determine is to hold your driver and 3 wood like a broomstick and figure out what feels best from that.
  3. Kay-Dee

Do you play most of your golf outside of the state you live in..?

I live in Memphis which is just a few miles from the Arkansas and Mississippi state lines. Play a lot of golf in those states.
  4. Kay-Dee

Have you ever played with a Tour Pro? What was the experience like?

Humble brag alert.....I've played a lot of PGA TOUR pro-ams. Here are some of the players I was paired with: 1. Vijay Singh 2. Davis Love III 3. Lee Trevino 4. Dr. Gil Morgan 5. Cameron Tringale 6. Kevin Na 7. Billy Mayfair 8. Scott Verplank 9. Allen Doyle 10. Glen Day 11. Jim Gallagher Jr. 12...
  5. Kay-Dee

Best Course You've Played In Your Life

I've been fortunate enough to play many famous courses. Top ten best/most memorable: 1) Augusta National 2) Cypress Point 3) Pine Valley 4) Pebble Beach 5) Winged Foot 6) Baltusrol 7) Riviera 8) Ridgewood 9) Plainfield 10) Harbour Town
  6. Kay-Dee

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Callaway Apex Pro and Apex CB Irons

1. Apex CB 2. Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal HL 3. 5-PW
  7. Kay-Dee

Time for a Change: Players Irons to Game Improvement Irons?

At one time, my index was as low as 5 and I was playing the Ping s55 irons....which they would categorize as a better player's irons. Through the years I played less, got older, got less fit and my index currently stands at 11. I have gone through numerous iron sets over the past six or seven...
  8. Kay-Dee

When’s the last time you carried?

My son has track practice three afternoons a week from 5:45 to 7:15 at the high school across the street from my club. I hit range balls one day and walk nine holes the other two. I carry just six clubs…..D,5,7,9,SW,P. When I use my full bag, I have an Alphard Golf V2 motorized pull cart.
  9. Kay-Dee

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

1. No 2. Garage 3. I am very much focused on improving club face angle and having more awareness on how I deliver the club to the ball. I believe the spin metrics would help me better understand if my swing results in a club that is open or closed, lofted or de-lofted.
  10. Kay-Dee

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I need to get back in the habit of making putts.
  11. Kay-Dee

Looking For Testers: SeeMore mini Giant DF Putter

Those alignment aids almost look like cheating…..I know they could help me with setup. And yes…….I will answer all questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. .
  12. Kay-Dee

Give me a fun fact about your golf life

Flex time.....I have played the "Big Four" of golf courses in the United States.....1)Pine Valley (twice) 2) Cypress Point (twice) 3) Augusta National 4) Pebble Beach (about 25 times).
  13. Kay-Dee

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Got bad news for you.....the pre-release price was $139.
  14. Kay-Dee

2020 THP Holiday Cheer Day 2: Ben Hogan Irons with Custom Shafts

I can’t take my eyes off the chrome. I like the shinyness the most. Makes me feel like an accomplished golfer.
  15. Kay-Dee

Playing implications to ordering irons a degree or two stronger?

Biggest issues are: 1) you will have a wedge gapping problem with anywhere from a 6 degree (or greater) gap between your PW and your sand wedge. 2) in the other end, your five iron may duplicate one of your hybrids.
Back