Recent content by Kevin1951

1. Kevin1951

The 60 and over Thread

Keep on top of it. MOHS surgery and I are old friends. Being (formally) red-headed and freckled, doesn’t lend itself to exposure and I was one of those kids that used Baby Oil instead of sun screen. My dad was a heavy equipment operator and lost half of one ear and a big chuck of his...
  2. Kevin1951

Should the Broomstick Putter Be Illegal?

I play with a broomstick and take great care not to anchor. I moved to the broomstick when I realized that my back couldn't tolerate bending for extended periods. It caused me to avoid practicing with a traditional putter and my game suffered. Any advantage that I've gained from using a...
  3. Kevin1951

Animals on golf course

These two were facing off behind the tee box today. The Rut is on,,
  4. Kevin1951

Any Hams out there?

N9FHL General since ‘74 (I think). Texas.
  5. Kevin1951

Do You Vest?

I have a battery-operated heatied vest that I wear when it's chilly out. Great on those chilly mornings when you just HAVE to play a round. I've even taken to wearing it with non-golfing activities.
  6. Kevin1951

There IS Still Some Good In The World!

I bought a Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder on August 31. It is head and shoulders better than the Nikon it replaced. I was trying to use it this past weekend during a round, and the ON/OFF switch appears to be sticking. I emailed Precision Pro to see if they could fix it. I got a reply 24...
  7. Kevin1951

Anyone else have tinnitus?

Can’t remember NOT having it
  8. Kevin1951

Arccos Discovery

I probably misstated the connection. There are essentially 2 (perhaps 3) microphones competing with each other when using Arccos and hearing aids. The hearing aid usually "wins" resulting in missing shots from the sensors. Back when I first paired the sensors with the app, I was having issues...
  9. Kevin1951

Arccos Discovery

I tried Arccos a little over a year ago and got discouraged because it missed so many shots. I canceled my subscription and then was lured back by the promised changes. Again I was beginning to get frustrated because of missing or misnamed shots. I recalibrated my sensors and all read the...
  10. Kevin1951

San Antonio,TX

Stone Oak for 20 years and now West New Braunfels. Canyon Springs is my go-to.
  11. Kevin1951

Anyone Else? Eagle Eye Rangefinders

My Facebook has been blowing up with ads for Eagle Eye Rangefinders. I did a search and found no threads addressing this one. Does anyone have one? Any feedback on it, or am I being scammed?
  12. Kevin1951

Pick One - Alcohol Edition

Bourbon and then Gin & Tonic.
  13. Kevin1951

Newly Redesigned Claw Max Gloves - Now Available

I love my Claw Max. My only problem is that I keep "blowing out" the thumb. I've been ordering Medium Cadet so this time I'm going for a straight "medium". Thanks for the discount.
  14. Kevin1951

San Antonio Aug. 5th 2023

Have to add another endorsement for Canyon Springs. My "home" course. It is always in good shape, has its share of challenging holes, and has a great staff.
  15. Kevin1951

Do you wear cologne/perfume?

Hoppe’s No. 9
Back