Recent content by kevin81002

1. kevin81002

Los Angeles City Golf new policy

As far as I know, this hasn't affected us in Orange County. Just an LA thing.
  2. kevin81002

2020 THP Holiday Cheer Day 2: Ben Hogan Irons with Custom Shafts

Those shafts look really cool. Good luck everyone!
  3. kevin81002

For Sale Callaway Mavrik Standard 9*

Mods, we can go ahead and close this one up. Thanks
  4. kevin81002

Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

Yeah it's absolutely violent for sure.
  5. kevin81002

Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

That was with a Velocity LD D30+, correct? I heard he swaps back and forth between the D30+ and the stouter D70. I would imagine that softer D30+ would add a little extra whip through contact?
  6. kevin81002

For Sale Callaway Mavrik Standard 9*

Up for sale is my Mavrik 9* driver, with a Project X Riptide 6.0 shaft, standard length. It's in fantastic shape and only shows slight wear on the sole from use. Crown and face are perfect. Comes with the Mavrik headcover, which has never been used. $350 shipped. If you prefer, I also have a...
  7. kevin81002

Load and Unload

For most shafts, no. I rely more on what the shot shape looks like to choose a shaft. There are some shafts though that just don't feel right. I can't say if that's due to loading, materials or balance point though. But if a shaft is really soft or really stiff, I can feel the loading or lack...
  8. kevin81002

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

A couple months ago I put away the Mavrik standard and went back to the Epic Flash SZ. I like the Mavrik. But for some reason I get more consistent results with the EF. They're both pretty dang good though.
  9. kevin81002

Forgiveness vs Precision

I think in the past this is more relevant than it is today. Most of the newer series GI clubs I've hit I have no problem getting them to do what I want. But the GI irons from say 15+ years ago... no way. Just looking down at them and seeing the huge clunky heads and massive amount of offset was...
  10. kevin81002

CA Military Base Courses...

The only two I have played is the Sea N Air course on Coronado, and General Old in Riverside. General Old is open to the public and next to the March AFB Cemetery.
  11. kevin81002

Divot tools

The Scotty Cameron Pivot tool is what I've used for as long as I can remember. And the one I'm using now I've had for probably had for 10 years. The prongs on it are worn to about half the size of a new one.
  12. kevin81002

Do You Regrip Your Own Clubs?

I do my own grips. I have a vise set up on my workbench to hold the club, and a dual tape dispenser from Golfworks. I keep a drip pan under the grip to catch any extra, but I don't really have much waste when I regrip. I've gotten pretty good at using just enough solvent.
  13. kevin81002

New Member from SoCal

Oh... and welcome to THP! :D I'm just over the hill from you.
  14. kevin81002

New Member from SoCal

Don't leave Oak Quarry off that list. The jewel of the IE.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in