Recent content by KingsKraken

1. KingsKraken

Explain this question?

Is this really that confusing? The question is which type of pressure you’d rather perform under, the pressure to maintain/extend a lead or to catch the leader.
  2. KingsKraken

Cut Golf Ball Review Thread

I didn’t get my Cut Grey balls as part of this THP testing effort, but I had the same experience with the one sleeve I’ve opened and have been hitting in my garage. First strike with a wedge just tears them up. Unfortunately, I bought a bunch of them. Fortunately, I suck enough at golf that the...
  3. KingsKraken

Mile High Executive Course - 9 hole course I made in a city building video game I’m playing

I’ve been totally addicted to the city building game Designer City on my iPad for the last week. As soon as I unlocked the golf course tiles yesterday, I had to build a 9 hole executive course. Tile selection is super limited, but I still had a lot of fun making it. Combined with the airport...
  4. KingsKraken

2021 devices, apps for gps, shot tracking: etc. iOS, android, wearable?

Thanks for the video. I just picked up a Shot Scope to reduce my on-course tech interaction to a minimum, but this looks really good if it doesn’t end up working out for me. My thoughts exactly! If that’s old and stiff, I must be old and near death. 🤣
  5. KingsKraken

For those that work in IT, what do you do?

Same. Been building web apps professionally for 23 years. Started as full stack, switched to a front end specialty with the rise of JavaScript frameworks around 10 years ago. React is my framework of choice these days.
  6. KingsKraken

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I questioned that myself before I bought my adjustable driver, but I wanted to try out the different settings to see which worked best with my swing. Eventually though, I’ll end up setting and forgetting it too.
  7. KingsKraken

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I remember reading at least one thread about the ISO-T from @Popeye when I was first looking into Maltby clubs.
  8. KingsKraken

Woodworking / Furniture Building

Congrats to your wife on the new job. I’d say most people in the woodworking world, at least online, are familiar. I’m a member of several woodworking forums and almost everyone knows Woodpecker Tools. To expand on what I was saying earlier, this is a good example of what I mean when I say a...
  9. KingsKraken

@JohnSinVA I’m curious. Did you have any problems with wood movement on that desk? I had to stop woodworking for a while due to tendinitis shortly after I started my bench. When I came back to it seven or eight month later, I had some really bad twisting in my legs. I made it work, but my...
  10. KingsKraken

Yeah, I’m not opposed to paying a premium for a tool that solves some problem, but I just haven’t felt the value was there in most of their stuff for me, personally. There’s almost always another way to do something with cheaper tools that I already have. Plus, their red anodizing really turns...
  11. KingsKraken

I’m familiar. I know a lot of woodworkers that like them too. They make quality tools, but most of them are priced way too high for the problems they solve, imo. I have considered getting their band saw drill press table though. It’s not priced too much higher than similar offerings.
  12. KingsKraken

your yard

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get some grub killer on the lawn. Crane fly larvae will chew the crap out of it, leaving bare spots all over my yard, if I don’t.
  13. KingsKraken

Tiger Woods Signs with 2K Sports

2k21 is TGC 2019 rebranded with some minor updates/changes. It’s arcade to a point, as any game is, but it’s much, much harder than EA’s titles. I normally shoot a bit better than even in career mode on 2k21. In comparison, I normally shot -18 on TW 2013.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in