Recent content by Knot Right

1. Knot Right

Is Nelly Korda the best golfer in the world?

Best women's golfer at this point in time.
  2. Knot Right

Will Tiger win again?

I can see him winning on the senior circuit riding a golf cart, but not walking for four days.
  3. Knot Right

Do You Care Which Tees You Play?

I play the senior tees when doing the weekday & weekend team blitz thing, but when I'm off with my son and friends at another course I play the regular tees with them. It's fun jacking one past them every now and then. Let the **** talking begin. ;)
  4. Knot Right

Do You Love Your Bag Right Now?

The bag and clubs are fine. The idiot using them is another story.
  5. Knot Right

Well, I won’t be playing golf for a while..

I was on base at Little Creek last Friday and the golf course was a mess. I've been here since 1986 and never seen it this bad, and that includes a few hurricanes that have come through in the past. They opened the back 9 for walking only by Sunday.
  6. Knot Right

Does your equipment ponder increase after a bad round?

I don't need a bad round to blame for my addiction to fiddling around with equipment. It's gotta be the shafts, or swing weight, or sole grind, or grips....................right? ;)
  7. Knot Right

The 60 and over Thread

I put the clubs away about a month ago. Just showing up to play had a blase feeling. ( Burnout? ) Seems to happen to me every couple of years or so. So anyways, I've been filling my time out in the shop the last few weeks catching up on some projects and doing some tinkering on a iron...
  8. Knot Right

Any love for Ben Hogan clubs?

Borrowed a set of Icon's when my buddy was out to sea for a couple weeks. Sweet irons. The S400 shafts he had in them were a bit too much for me. I would have loved to have hit them with something like the KBS 115 shafts in them. Had a set of Edge Apex Pro's that I liked but my son ended...
  9. Knot Right

Last club to truly surprise you?

Tour Edge C521 3W Bought it on a recommendation from a friend and I got it off Rock Bottom Golf for around a $100.00 or so. Seems to have a fade bias and I love it.
  10. Knot Right

Golf ball alignment aids - do you partake?

I don't care if the ball has a line or not. I play with guys that will adjust their lines 4-5 times. Get's irritating to watch with some of the guys to be honest.
  11. Knot Right

How many times do you use each club during a round?

I'm playing the senior tees now and it's almost like stealing. I don't pull the driver much except for the par 5's and one long par 4. Driver = 5 times +/- 3W = maybe 2-3 times. But It will replace the driver in a heartbeat some days. 4 iron = 8-9 times off the tee PW/GAP/SW probably...
  12. Knot Right

What do you want from a 3w?

The only thing I want from a 3 wood is neutral bias. I bought a Tour Edge C521 for a little over $100.00 off Rock Bottom Golf late last fall on a recommendation from a friend. It is the best 3 wood I've had in the bag since the Taylormade V-Steel that I played years ago. It's nice not...
  13. Knot Right

How would feel...

I played every weekend with with a couple Navy Officers and a Senior Chief when I took up the game in 1982. They were all good pretty good golfers but welcomed me into the fold even as bad as I was. The only thing they ever asked of me was to " miss em quick" and "put it in my pocket once I...
  14. Knot Right

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Ground is too wet .....at least on the courses I generally play. Went to Harbor Freight and bought a gram scale for club building. Ordered 4 hosel brushes
  15. Knot Right

Why hasn’t the yellow golf ball caught on?

I like the yellow balls and I'm currently playing Vice Lime Green.
Back