Recent content by Laszlo.tx

1. L

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Had a flat and I moved the clubs over to get at the jack storage compartment in the 4 runner. Does this count as golf related?
  2. L

A Camel on the Course?

Years ago my father came down to Texas for a visit. We went to Hank Haneys Golf Ranch in McKinney when this part of town was still in the early stages of development. Nice Pete Dye designed 9 hole course. We were out in the middle getting ready to tee off on a par 4 when a mare horse came...
  3. L

What rule are you most likely to bend..???

This pretty much. Played solo last week at a countryside course. Occasionally cows will breach the fence. Hit a long drive on #15 and it rolled right in the middle of this. Very fresh. What are the odds? I took a relief calling it a biohazard. To be fair I dropped the ball 3 feet...
  4. L

Worst temper tantrum

Used to get pretty angry as a youngster. I still cuss now and then. Thats about the angriest I get. Working hard on stopping that and channeling that anger into learning opportunities. As a result I'm enjoying my game more now than at any other point in my life. Back in 1973 we were sitting...
  5. L

LGBT Golfers

Golf courses are for golf. I don't mind a lighthearted discussion. Fishing, BBQ, cars, vacations, plumbing tips....whatever. Discussions involving social issues, religion, politics or anything else that has the possibility of provoking negative emotional response are unproductive and totally...
  6. L

The "Gimme"

From Mark McCormacks "What They Don't Teach You At Harvard Business School" https://www.codymclain.com/notes/what-they-dont-teach-you-at-harvard-business-school The Gimme Putt A “gimme” (give me) is a short putt conceded to the golfer by his playing partner or opponent. It’s interesting to...
  7. L

Your best (clean) golf joke.

Avid mid to high handicap golfer dies suddenly in an accident. His wakes up in the finest resort golf course he's ever seen. He goes to the grill and dines on the finest breakfast he's ever had. He realizes what has happened to him and smiles at the good fortune of his final reward. Goes to...
  8. L

Tour Event 2021 Ryder Cup

OK, I'll say it. He is not the most exciting golfer on the planet. 😉
  9. L

Best Golf Movie?

"..... the kind of girl that has a certain... zest for living."
  10. L

Have you ever lost a golf friend because of...???

Sheesh. Lots of drama on here. Reads like an "Emotional Intelligence" case study notebook.
  11. L

Lessons learned...?

Overthinking. Trusting my instincts.
  12. L

Netflix & The PGA Tour

Follow the money.....
  13. L

Monahan on Code of Conduct

“I stopped using twitter because it's like a bunch of mental patients throwing **** at each other.” ― Joe Rogan AMEN Joe!
  14. L

Should golf be respected?

When I was in junior high back in the 60's the gym teacher would paddle you if he caught you with your shirt tail out. Second offense he would make you clean the locker room after school in addition to the paddle. I wonder if the folks at the UNTUCKIT SHIRT COMPANY are monitoring this...
Back