Recent content by lazychicken

1. lazychicken

3 days into 2024, what golf trends do you want to see fade away?

Sorry to drag this from so many pages back but I agree, the Good Good guys really are nice in person. They play quite a bit at my home course and they are nothing but friendly and considerate when they are filming on the course. They pay attention to their pace and they quickly offer to let you...
  2. lazychicken

What is the Longest Iron in You Are Comfortable Hitting?

Official answer: 5i. Confession: I still have a 4i in my bag even after I started using a 4 hybrid. I tend to go back and forth between them, but never in the same round. Having both of them in my bag puts my bag over the limit. So one of them is there each day just as a disinterested casual...
  3. lazychicken

Your Last Topped Tee Shot?

My dream is for topping the ball to be rare enough that I can pinpoint a date in the past. I'm struggling with weight transfer with driver, so the accurate answer is more like "maybe half the driver holes in every round".
  4. lazychicken

My workplace acquired a golf course, and...oh, dear...

Dance with diplomacy: "I'm excited by the possibilities of what it will be once it is completed..." or something. Being positive and complementary while leaving the door open to a conversation about the current status, if he wants to ask the question. You don't want to be sunshine and roses...
  5. lazychicken

Do you gamble on the course?

Yes, my group gambles pretty much always. And many times there are multiple bets going at once. Like we'll be playing Wolf or Left-Right, and then there are several "closest" type prop bets going as well. Never high stakes. Usually not more than $1/hole. So even on a bad day nobody (meaning me)...
  6. lazychicken

Do you gamble on the course?

Check out the Vegas Golf Poker Chip Game (https://vegasgolfgame.com). It's exactly what you just described except each good or bad thing is a chip. I've had a set of those for a long time and we used to play it a lot but now only every once in awhile. The problem is, as you alluded, there's a...
  7. lazychicken

What are you watching (No Spoilers)

Bro, me too. I'm on ep 5 I think and holy cow this is a weird show!
  8. lazychicken

Have you ever had to admonish someone?

Had an older guy hit into us. We just kinda looked at him and then moved on. Then he hit into us again so we started paying attention to him a little closer. As we were teeing off on #11, we could see him literally running to finish his putt on #10 and hurry up so he could hit into us again. By...
  9. lazychicken

NEWS The Indoor Golf Shop New Website

Look at that, less than 10 miles from where I'm sitting. But it feels dangerous to visit. I'll take my wife along to make sure I don't get into trouble.
  10. lazychicken

Best Ball for Mid-Handicap?

I tend to buy mint ProV1s from one of the places like lostgolfballs. I don't think I've ever actually gotten a used one. Most of them are just logo overruns but new balls. But I'm a fan of the DTC model for golf balls too so I've tried most of them. I seriously fell in love with the Snell MTB...
  11. lazychicken

Your Last Chip In?

A few days ago at the end of a long, disastrous round where I was begging for a par and couldn't hit a putt to save my life. Chipped in for birdie from about 20' off the green (probably 45' total to the hole) from the rough with my 54*, and somehow managed to navigate a pretty decent right to...
  12. lazychicken

PUMA ProAdapt AlphaCat Golf Shoes

Same here. That plastic-type stuff on the outside comes clean without any chemicals at all. Mine were extremely dirty from this past weekend (muddy course) and they're shiny white and good as new with a toothbrush and water.
  13. lazychicken

Help - Continue to hit behind the ball with my Irons

Wait, can you say more about this? Everything else you said perfectly describes my issues as well, so I'm super intrigued. But I'm not following parallel to target vs toward the target.
  14. lazychicken

Is the matte golf ball trend fading?

In late Fall & Winter around here in Texas I always get lots of glare off the leaves on the ground. I don't know how my current club is since I haven't been here through a leafy season, but my previous club had lots of trees and therefore lots of leaves. They did as good a job as they could with...
Back