Recent content by Lefty JB

1. L

Tour Event LIV Golf Miami 2022 Team Championship

Excellent format and highly entertaining. Some quality golf played and was awesome watching it. LIV golf has a quality format on its hands here.
  2. L

The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

LIV team event final was brilliant. Don't care if you agree or like LIV golf. But if you are a true golf fan you would agree todays final round was just pure entertainment. PPL have got to get over the whole LIV vs PGA etc thing. I am a golf fan and i watch both because i enjoy watching quality...
  3. L

PXG 0311 Gen 5 (and the benefit of getting fit for the first time)

Yep that sums it up right there. Its amazing how much a good fitter can help get the goldilocks fit with drivers. They try things you would never even consider and it can really open your eyes up to the feel vs real theory. I think I want an x flex 70 black shaft but the reality is i need a 65...
  4. L

Tour Event LIV Golf Miami 2022 Team Championship

I really like this as it brings a new phase to golf. Team golf is exciting and rewarding. I find it great to watch and I am a fan of LIV golf. I hope this develops like the english soccer leagues franchises and people end up supporting a team like baseball, footy etc. It just a pity that they...
  5. L

Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid Shaft

I thought this was a really popular shaft. I thought there would be a lot more feedback on this.
  6. L

Saudi Golf League Players

The first 6 months to a year will be slow for this. After a bunch a lower ranked players win big $$$$ not to mention the large team pool of money at the end. There will be a bunch of guys on the PGA tour making less and knowing in there minds they can beat this guys and make more money it will...
  7. L

Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid Shaft

I have been tempted to pair this shaft with my Callaway 18 UT iron. I have been hesitant as I am not sure if it would be a good match or not. Being left handed its near impossible hear in Straya to get one in a demo to try. So its more of a buy try and if no good sell. I have had success with...
  8. L

Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I just put the B21 into the retirement bag. I replaced it with a PXG Gen 4 0811X driver 7.5 degree and its way longer and the flight is much lower and penatrating. The b21 at 9 degree on the minus setting was just way to high. But a positive to the b21 it is a very straight and forgiving driver...
  9. L

Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

I just put the Gen 4 0811X driver into play and its money! With the right set up this thing is long as any driver out there. It easilly knocked my Callaway b21 driver out of the bag.
  10. L

PXG Price Drop

I have had a huge sip of the said PXG cool aid. I grabbed a brandon putter first and loved it. After that I thought what the heck and picked up a set of the Gen 4 0311T irons with the tour elevate shaft second hand (basically brand new) for 1k. The shaft were not a great match but I since...
  11. L

Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

Google PXG Gen 5 0311 driver. There will be two heads from the looks of thing a high MOI super forgiving type and a lower spin model. Pricing is a whole new kettle of fish with PXG. It seems the price is dependant on Mr Parsons moods. Either way PXG make super quality stuff and there drivers...
  12. L

VA composites Vylyn 65-5 shaft. Just turned the lost sleeve to -1 and D setting. The flight is a little better but still getting some super high balls. The shaft did help bring the flight down a little with the sleeve adjustment buts its still to high for my liking. A 7.5 BB21 head would be gold.
  13. L

I am still struggling with the height this thing gets. The flight is just to high for what I am after. I have it on -1 degree and neutral and a heavier and flex stronger shaft and still no joy. Might try a PXG drive as they come stock at 7.5. If i have trouble squaring the face up I can always...
Back