Recent content by lefty1978

1. lefty1978

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Picked up a Max D today after hitting all 3 in the lineup. Paired with my Graphite Design Tour ad IZ. Going for max forgiveness in 2024. The triple diamond was amazing, but my handicap is 6.9 and I really want to break par this year.
  2. lefty1978

Callaway Paradym Drivers

Any lefties want to trade a Paradym X head for the Standard 9 degree head? I have a 9 degree head.
  3. lefty1978

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I played my first round with the Paradym, found it was an easy transition from the Rogue ST Max. Sound and feel is better than the Rogue ST, distance and flight seem to be be the same.
  4. lefty1978

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I got mine yesterday. Callaway Paradym 9°. Going to play in +1 D, with weight in draw position.
  5. lefty1978

Do your course get baked out during the summer?

My club, which is private, waters straight from a lake it is on. The course is mostly Bermuda with bent greens and some taller fescue in the rough. I've never seen it "burnt out" like some local munis. I do like when plays on the drier faster side though, I get more roll on my drives.
  6. lefty1978

*Permanent* Changes to Your Local Golf Courses Since COVID

Everything back to normal since early 2021. Thankfully no permanent changes.
  7. lefty1978

Who plays again on tour first? Tiger or Phil?

Not so sure about that right now, Phil may be on a "break" from the tour right now.
  8. lefty1978

Private or Public Club ?

Private and its not even close. Being able to play pretty much whenever or how many holes I want, pace of play, and have games available almost every day is great. My course is very walkable and many members walk, so that's nice as well.
  9. lefty1978

Crime Against Humanity or Okay?

No reason for that and kind of disrespectful to be honest. Not going to lose sleep over it though.
  10. lefty1978

How much do you spend a week on golf?

I'll break it down... My Country Club membership is $315 per month (315x12) $3,780 per year I'll play once a month on another local course ($60) $720 per year I usually walk, so thats included and range is included. If I cart, its $19 per 18. I probably cart only 2 times per month. (38x12) $465...
  11. lefty1978

Charity Scrambles, when is enough enough?

I absolutely hate charity scrambles for many of the reasons already listed. The best one was 3 years ago, it was $800 per team ($200 each player), only 18 teams entered. No CPO, beautiful private country club. Must have finished up 3.5-4 hours. No waiting around and even stuck around for drinks...
  12. lefty1978

Gas vs Electric Carts

I strongly prefer electric. Many quality courses around me have switched to electric with GPS touch screens.
  13. lefty1978

The MotoCaddy M5 Electric Caddy Review

I purchased the M5 a couple months ago. I absolutely love it, GPS feature is outstanding. Does everything I need a electric push cart to do.
  14. lefty1978

it's warming up...hydrate, people.

Hydration really starts the day before or at least a few hours before activity. Drinking a ton of water while playing while not properly taking in fluids prior may not save you. If you have a morning round in the heat, skip the night time alcohol and drink water. After your round, when your back...
  15. lefty1978

Golf while walking vs. cart

Last year I joined a private club that has a strong walking culture. This year I purchased a Motocaddy M5, I prefer walking for sure. I will still ride with friends who don't want to walk.
Back