Recent content by Lefty78

1. Lefty78

Cheap putter aid

Being on the DL for another month, I'm getting in some putting practice and found this piece of equipment to check my stroke. It's a one inch wide metal ruler. Nothing but the best strokes will let the ball rolling off the end. Anything less than pure will swerve off one side or the other...
  2. Lefty78

Happy Birthday Smallville

Happy Birthday, have a great one!
  3. Lefty78

FS: Lefty Ping G30 Irons

Left handed Ping G30, black dot, standard length, steel shaft in R flex, with Tacki-Mac wrap grips. Four iron through gap wedge (4-U), 8 irons. These irons are in good condition with about 10-15 rounds played. There are some ball marks on the face of the clubs but otherwise nearly new...
  4. Lefty78

Help Please

My daughter has made a short video as part of a contest at her employment. Her's was one of 12 finalist and apparently the winner will be chosen by the number of views. It is a short, entertaining and cute video. It can not be viewed on a mobile device so if you could take a look at it on...
  5. Lefty78

Nashville on Friday, 26 July

I will be in the Nashville area Friday, dropping my wife at the flea market then looking for a course that isn't too far from the fairgrounds. The course needs to be somewhat close since she probably won't want to spend all day there. Any course recommendations? Anyone with free time to...
  6. Lefty78

Young lady from our club to be on CBS Sunday

A young lady from our club will be on the CBS in the hour before PGA coverage starts. She was first diagnosed with leukemia at age 12. The segment tells part of her story and how golf has helped in the fight against the disease. They were at the club taping about three weeks ago so it wasn't...
  7. Lefty78

King and Prince Golf club, St. Simons Island, Georgia

Saturday, the day before changing clocks to "savings" time, I took advantage of an after 12:30 special at The King and Prince club on St. Simons for $55. I do not know if the special changed after the time change. The course would be worth that or even higher greens fees. I was grouped with a...
  8. Lefty78

The Dunes, Weeki Wachee, Florida, a quick look.

The Dunes is an affordable option with a decent layout and pretty good greens near World Woods. We were in the area and it worked out that I had time for a quick round. World Woods was $119 and Dunes was $36 and the course had plenty of openings. What the heck, I gave it a try. The low...
  9. Lefty78

Oregon, courses within maybe an hour of Roseburg?

Any course recommendations maybe up near Eugene? I've been down to Medford to a couple of courses and could go that way as well. I don't think I'm going over to Bandon this trip but not fully decided. Also, if anyone can get free for a game during the week, Oct 8-10 maybe, I would love to tee...
  10. Lefty78

Near Tampa this Saturday

Not Saturday this trip, next Tuesday and Wednesday mornings (March 6 and 7). Staying same place and would like to tee it up with someone down there. I will be staying near the junction of I-75 and I-4 Friday night and Saturday night. The wife will be checking thrift stores in the area...
  11. Lefty78

Happy Birthday DawgDaddy

I am an hour early but Happy birthday buddy, hope it is a great day.:cake:
  12. Lefty78

On the road, looking for a course.

This week we take off heading west. I'm looking for a course not too far off I-40 in Arkansas for, I hope, Friday, Aug 5. It would be a real bonus if a THPer could join me. I will post pictures and progress here as I make my way out to Oregon and back again. Any suggestions? Price is not...
  13. Lefty78

Storm Damage

All the tornadoes in April missed us but we had a 10 minute storm yesterday that left a real mess. It was straight line winds and pretty intense. My home course, Dalton G&CC is going to be closed for several days to clean up damage from 33 trees down. I hope we can go to the range since I am...
  14. Lefty78

Old Union, Blairsville, Georgia?

How is Old Union in Blairsville? Is it worth driving an hour and forty-five minutes each way?
  15. Lefty78

Howdy from north Georgia

I am new to THP and very interested in all things golf. I love to long road/golf trips and have played golf in 49 states. (so far)
Back